MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been already asked but I couldnt find anything related in search

I know alot of members have put in manual fan switches. But what about this idea. Possible?

We all know that the temp sensor sends a signal to the ECU when the temp reaches 205F and the computer tells the fans to turn on. Is there a way to have the ECU turn the fans on at speeds less than 35mph. (since above that, no needs for fans on).

This would eliminate having the run a manual switch and all the wiring needed. And we wouldnt have to remember to shut them off or turn them on for that matter.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Erik,

As one who has messed about with the heat situation it's my belief that the fan on settings can't be changed in the ECU. Somebody in here came up with a circut board which overrode the ECU to turn the fans on but I don't remember who.

Personally I would be extremely leery of fiddling with ECU settings other than the chip.

The fan switch mod is very easy and very effective. It is also easily removable if one wishes to go back to stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts