MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi dear all,

Good day. My name is Eugene and I m from Malaysia. Pretty excited and happy that finally get my F3 800 yesterday from my dealer. But once I get close to my F3, I notice something very difference, the tires! I m pretty sure that I read through MV brochure, either through online or hard copy brochure, rubber came wit F3 is Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa! What I saw from my new bike is Continental Road Attack which I think is a piece of junk! Further pissing me off, the year of made of that tires is long time back to 2011!!

Correct me if I m wrong, F3 800 is a 2013 year model. And the tires I get is actually back to 2011! This does not make any sense at all. Talk to my dealer over the phone, either the person in charge is on leave or they say" oh sir it's over 6pm and we gonna off and we couldn't talk to you now"! WTF!

I have dropped an email to MV Agusta Italy and I hope that email won't just bounce back to my dealer at Malaysia.

Any of you facing this issue as well?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Eugene

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Time to jerk that dealer's license....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I think, the rubber on MV should be Pirelli instead of Conti. Now what I can do is raise up this issue to MV Italy and follow up with my dealer...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There are some minor issue as well which I think not necessary to bring it up, just to nag about it. When I got my bike, it's 5 km on the mileage, which is normal. And the windscreen is already scratchy, there are lot of lines which cannot simply wipe it away. Anyway not a major issue as Ill get it replaced with Puig race screen sooner or later. Will take photo once off from work.

·
Super Moderator
22,108 Posts
On a new bike, any scratches are an issue.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Post up the name of the dealer so others know to watch out for this kind of shifty criminal behavior from this dealer. You have also done the right thing by contacting the MV Factory. It makes them look bad if this stealership is swapping out the tires with old stock. A lesser informed person might think that tire is the tire MV chooses to go on their new bikes. I'm sure that the dealer has a nice new set of Pirellis for sale in his shop. I would demand the correct tires and make sure there is no damage on your wheels from the unnecessary changing of tires.

·
Registered
639 Posts
No shit...!!! :eek:

Standard tires on the F3 (or any new MV) are Pirelli's, no doubt just check the MV site http://www.mvagusta.it/en/motorcycles/f3-800/

You did the right think contacting the MV Factory.
Scratches on the windscreen,even minor scratches, are not acceptable from my point of view.

You paid a shitload of money to scratch them up yourself... :wtf:

Did you also contact the Malaysian MV importer ??

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well they balanced the wheel!

There is no way MV would put what is a 'neckless' of cheap wheel weights around the rim like that. To the best of my knowledge wheels are balanced at the factory before the bike is shipped.

No idea what is going on with this but something doesn't seem right so pursue it till you are happy.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Demand a new bike from the crate it's probably a ex demo bike you got. Also check it's a 800 engine and not a 675.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys, I will contact the dealer again, if still no answer from them, I gonna make a call to Italy to make sure everything is fine. Anywhere the scratchy windscreen I mentioned, it looks like this when I get my bike. I'll demand a new windscreen from them and of course the new Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa! Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Did you call the dealership Manager/ Owner to tell them, and ask them what they plan to do?
Maybe they don't know what their crooked service department is doing before delivering the new bikes...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you call the dealership Manager/ Owner to tell them, and ask them what they plan to do?
Maybe they don't know what their crooked service department is doing before delivering the new bikes...
Hi Jeff, problem is, I have continuously called them for 2 days already, either they told me 6pm they off and couldn't talk to me or the manager is on leave, really damn disappointed with their after sales customer service!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok guys, latest update. Just called the dealer and the manager answer my questions. He told me that there is only 20 units in Malaysia come with Continental tyres and some carbon fibers part on the F3 800 itself, for example, carbon fiber top chain guard and etc.
1. I don't get any carbon fiber parts on my bike.
2. The Continental tyres still, a 2011 made tyres, and it doesn't make any sense to put on a 2013 October manufactured (according to what he said) bike.
3. I told him I'm 400km away from where their shop located, and that is consider a single trip, he insist me to get my bike to their shop to "take a look" before promise me to replace anything for me, and there is no other alternatives to show them my bike.

The bike is an art, a totally furious beast with pretty looks! I'm totally satisfy with the bike but not the dealer!

Any ideas guy? I think I should call Italy directly instead of wasting my time with my dealer...

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Continue to communicate with the dealer.

List your expectations and have the manager confirm that he (or she) agrees to your requests. Ensure that the tyres are there and ready to be installed. Ensure that the screen is there and ready to be installed.
I'd recommend not travelling until those expectations are agreed to in writing by the manager.
If they don't agree to that then contact MV Agusta.

To be honest I can't see this ending well. We are only hearing one side of the story but my gut feeling is that you're dealing with a dishonest dealer. I base that on the fact that their approach to you wanting to deal with this as promptly as possible is inconsistent with an ethical seller.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Unless you enjoy driving back to them I would ask them to ship the tire for free. Terrible thing, crooked dealers all over the place.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wrote an email to the manager and show him the crappy tires and scratchy windscreen. Demand to get an answer to me within 3 days otherwise will further bring the issue to consumer association. Guess this is the least I can do...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts