MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 F4 750 with 4700miles, completely stock. On deceleration it will pop in the exhaust. I know it is caused by fuel burning in the exhaust pipe but apparently it can be caused by too rich or too lean fueling. Is the popping normal on a stock bike? I am not going to ride it until I straighten it out, probably a trip to fast by ferrachi to go over it.

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
Some after fire is normal depending on the exhaust system and state of tune. My 910R with the MV Corse exhaust and ECU has a bit, especially on long decel from high rpm.

Nothing to worry about generally speaking. Go to the race track and listen to some of the banging going on during up-shifts and decel on the fast race bikes..

What exhaust do you have? What air cleaner? What's the state of tune (throttle body synch, TPS setting, etc)?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is Fast by Ferracci still in business as a dealership? Their building was supposedly to be sold, not sure who bought it. I was going to start having my bikes serviced at Eurosports because of this.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Is Fast by Ferracci still in business as a dealership? Their building was supposedly to be sold, not sure who bought it. I was going to start having my bikes serviced at Eurosports because of this.
Not as a dealership but I believe they still service bikes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
?

Ed;
The bike is 17 years old, the fuel lines should have been replaced 14 years ago........
You think the vacuum lines and caps lasted 17 years?

I don't

:wink2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses.Yes Fast by Ferrachi is still in business . I spoke to the man himself, he has always been willing to talk to customers, I bent his ear for about 15 minutes.Since I am about an hour and a half and he is willing to help a potential customer I will take it to them. I will have thrm go over the bike, I even asked him if I should get one of his chips and he said it would not make a difference on a stock bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some after fire is normal depending on the exhaust system and state of tune. My 910R with the MV Corse exhaust and ECU has a bit, especially on long decel from high rpm.

Nothing to worry about generally speaking. Go to the race track and listen to some of the banging going on during up-shifts and decel on the fast race bikes..

What exhaust do you have? What air cleaner? What's the state of tune (throttle body synch, TPS setting, etc)?

It's completely stock.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
?

Get a chip from Adam (merc07) top of the Performance Section
the fans will come on ~185F
all the EBS SYSTEM will be eliminated
and you'll have real fuel and ignition maps

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get a chip from Adam (merc07) top of the Performance Section
the fans will come on ~185F
all the EBS SYSTEM will be eliminated
and you'll have real fuel and ignition maps

I will do that for sure, the heat issue is a concern was going to buy the upgraded pump.

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
?

Don't know where you are on this blue orb......
but my fans come on at 185F and it will not go over 197F PERIOD......
With a stock water pump

that is sitting in traffic or parked idling

I have a HO waterpump but see no reason to install it

:grin2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't know where you are on this blue orb......
but my fans come on at 185F and it will not go over 197F PERIOD......
With a stock water pump

that is sitting in traffic or parked idling

I have a HO waterpump but see no reason to install it

:grin2:
I am in eastern PA, the last time I rode in 80 degree weather it got up to 212.You want to sell the pump LOL?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have an upgraded MV impeller kit that I haven't gotten around to posting for sale. The drain hole on the housing is stripped out, but the impeller is brand new and has never been installed. My friend was reinstalling the drain bolt on my Brutale and he, along with his bunk torque wrench, stripped the threads clean out. He felt guilty so he bought me a replacement kit.

If you have the means to tap the drain hole and fit a new bolt in, it'll be good to go. PM me whether you're interested in it, I won't post it until I hear from you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts