MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if it's related to my ongoing 'issue' http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41723
But the bike is now popping and spitting on a rolled off throttle after 5/6000 rpm.
I noticed it on the way home from work yesterday and I deliberately repeated it a few times....., then the bike started a little 'hunting' for the remainder of the journey?.
Chris has just sent me a new map and I'm gonna load it and see the results.
Brian.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Brian ,you have not fried your ECU ,BECAUSE I DID ONCE.I could not tune it at all,and it was popping .Have you still got your old ECU.Try Chris's map first ,can you reset the tps with his software.

cheers eddy

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
Sounds like a little bit of after fire on decel......may be a bit rich on the bottom, or lean!! Both can cause your symptom including the hunting. TPS ?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When you rev the throttle past around 5000rpm there is a 'spit' through the exhaust on the rolled off throttle.
It is only on the rolled of/closed throttle.
There is also a small amount of tiny 'sparks'..., (carbon deposits??)

I'm using the bike for short runs (commuting to and from work) only about 4 miles each way and am wondering if this is a contributory factor?.

The slight 'hunting' only started after I deliberately revved the bike etc to repeat the 'issue' .., kinda stumble feeling if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Would a bad/fouled plug lead to this? I recently had a new Iridium plug in my Kawi start firing around the insulator instead of to the side electrode. Would catch occasionally, but seemed to run rich as it wasn't completely or consistently igniting.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I have a little time I'm gonna inspect and maybe change the plugs (I'm using iridium) also have a look at the air filter etc and try and get to the bottom of this.
I want to pin it down as it is annoying and I'm wondering if it is related to the 'other' issue I'm also having.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK so tonight was the first chance I've had to work on the bike and upload the latest Brutale 1078rr that Chris sent over to me.

Well I've now uploaded it and reset the TPS accordingly.

It's almost 11pm so I'll be able to see how it's running (weather permitting) tomorrow.

However at the risk of complaints from the neighbours ....., I did rev it a number of times above 5000rpm and it did not pop or spit as before:)

I'm now hiding the house waiting/ expecting a 'knock on the front door'!:laughing:

I'm hoping also this will cure my other 'issue' of it suddenly stalling/cutting out on the upshift
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41723

I've everything crossed in the hope of success.

A great thanks most certainly goes to Chris @ Xbikes for sending me the map in my quest for an answer.

Brian:)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys thanks to all for the suggestions..., however it appears to be a mapping issue.
Chris sent me over his latest 2014 Brutale 1078rr map to try.

It has addressed the issues (this one and also http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41723&page=2).

There are currently various aspects of the new map that I'm reporting back to him by way of feedback regarding it.

I'll keep you posted when it is all sorted.
Brian.:)

·
Registered
14,404 Posts
?

Yeah, how was your ride to work? No more spitting? Hope you taught her some manners! :thewife:
Girlfriend is spitting back????

no problem, hold her nose, she'll swallow it......

:naughty::naughty:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts