MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just posting some pics from the weekend. All of these are special bikes but one is very special probably the rarest MV in the world question to you guys is wich one do you think it is and what is it. I know but i'm not telling you till next week. That should get some debait going?. Good luck we shall see who knows most.
Alex.
ps no cheating.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I don't know if it's the rarest MV, but I think your second picture down is of the 250 Single which had indirect fuel injection. Various engine capacities ranging from 203 to 249cc were trialled and the bike won the world championship in 1956 and 1958.

Sorry if I'm being an anorack, but the 350cc six of 1969 was a pretty rare beast too as the regulations changed after the bike was developed, limiting the 350 class to only 4 cylinders maximum so it was never fully developed or raced. :blah:

·
Registered
878 Posts
john said:
I don't know if it's the rarest MV, but I think your second picture down is of the 250 Single which had indirect fuel injection. Various engine capacities ranging from 203 to 249cc were trialled and the bike won the world championship in 1956 and 1958.

Sorry if I'm being an anorack, but the 350cc six of 1969 was a pretty rare beast too as the regulations changed after the bike was developed, limiting the 350 class to only 4 cylinders maximum so it was never fully developed or raced. :blah:
Why did I have a feeling that you'd be the first to offer the answers!!! I was going to actually post that we should just wait for John :king: to reply!!! :drummer:

Nothing impressed me more than you guessing my butchered/modified/painted 35 year old CB Honda with all the decals removed!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sorry mate; I thought JamesC would beat me to it actually. Alexaye might reply to say I'm completely wrong so we'll just have to wait and see! :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Did anyone ever get to know the answer to this..?

The bike with the blue stripe (third photo down from the top) looks a lot like 'Arthur'. Arthur is the name of a bike which was owned/modified by Dave/Mark Kay, and is said to be the quickest 750 in the UK. Around the time of that photo, the bike was being offered for sale. I was interested in buying it, and had Mark send me a CD filled with photos. Here's a couple:

As you can see it's a beauty. I'd have bought it, but for the fact that it had a 'Q' registration which I discovered I'd have been unable to change (there was no physical 'proof' of its original registration date etc.)

Q registration bikes are almost impossible to insure here in the UK - and besides which, the Q plate negatively affects a vehicle's value. I was well disappointed not to buy!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Well, this seams to be a pretty rare bike. What makes it so rare ? I think it is an optical modified America or Boxer. Hence the drive shaft. The Bike what You believed to have seen there on Display and to be the rarest MV Agusta, would be the Formula 750 attempt MV Agusta's. But honestly, the Bike on Your Photo's is not the 107 HP, 180 Kg, Chain Drive Superbike. Which MV Agusta builded but didn't got homologated. Reason for the FIM for refusing the homologation was the Chain Drive. All 750's for the Public had Shaft Drive instead and MV Agusta didn't even offer a conversion kit. By the Way the Chain Drive of the Formula 750 was later produced and sold by Magni as Kit. So the only true Formula 750 MV Agusta got Lights and was sold to a Enthusiast in Munich. In which hands it still is. At least last Year. See attached Photo of the Bike from the MV Agusta Deutschland Club Meeting Sinsheim 2006.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I forgot to mention that MV Agusta builded several Prototypes which are as single Pieces as rare as it can get. For example the R19 500cc Prototyp, the 350 Six, the 125 two Stroke, .....

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Great pics and great club. Its just a shame the MV Agusta UK owners club don't have a great members forum!
Don't be sad the British MV Agusta Club is always present with a deligation at our Meetings. So You could be too. This Year it was just a 25 pounds Flight (EasyJet) away from Britain. As Mr. Phil Read did this Year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts