MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sun is down and it's cooling off. Time to roll. Will one of the few orange Brutes left (and me) make it back by morning in one piece AND not impounded?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yes. There are only 3 moving violations that would result in you bike being impounded:

Riding with out insurance
Riding under the influence
Reckless driving.

You may get one hell of a ticket or a summons to appear, but other than situation 3 which could be anything as small as 20 mph over, you should be ok.

That's Connecticut anyway. Also, for liability reasons, many departments have a no pursuit policy with regard to motorcycles.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's that 20 over part that always concerns me. I won't try to run when it happens though, that's how the Brute could end up in more than one peice. I like to choose the time and place carefully. It's been almost 2 years since I got the MV (already) and still no tickets. Timing is everything. I thought the holiday money grabbers would be relaxing by Monday night but they were still pretty busy. Fortunately, in the desert it's not that difficult to find Desolation Boulavard. Late tonight will be even better.

·
Registered
917 Posts
what's that line from the "Blues Brothers"? "It's 300 miles to Chicago, it's dark outside, we've got half a pack of cigarettes, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My sentiments exactly!

I've only been across I40 in New Mexico but I would think you can find empty roads pretty easy as well.

I would hate having look at that beautiful tail on an empty stomach only due to that supremely ugly yellow licence plate though.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
what's that line from the "Blues Brothers"? "It's 300 miles to Chicago, it's dark outside, we've got half a pack of cigarettes, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it."

and something about a full tank of gas.......I have it on good authority that the little Nazi guy in the movie rode a F4.....:naughty:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I been wonderin' where ya were! I thought if I started a silly one you'd be first in line. :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I been wonderin' where ya were! I thought if I started a silly one you'd be first in line. :)
glad I didn't didn't let you down Chris......:)

·
Registered
572 Posts
since your next post wasn't something like, "the cops don't appreciate wheelies at 120 mph" all is well, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts