MV Agusta Forum banner

Pls recommend best solution for our bike

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pls recommend the best Polish or Wax for our Bike.

Was told that too much Polish is not healthy for the bike. is it true ?

If polish cant be use, whats the best solution for the bike ?

Rgds

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
A long time ago I was a porter at a Harley Davidson dealership in the I.E. A guy used to come in named Little Joe (or as we called him at the shop Joe Angel). He was the V.P. of the Hells Angels in San Bernardino, a real scary guy. I used to like it when he came in because he would tip so well. We kept a case of this wax especially for him. We called it (the secretions of a thousand virgins). It was the best wax I have ever used.

To bad I don't remember its real name.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
CAG said:

:laughing:

and from the woodwork emerges a new member :ahhh: :wave: with a glowing review :highclap: and intimate knowledge :king: :baddeal: of a particular product...not only does it eclipse the competition as far as shine :cool: it also has added benefits....it will make you a better rider as well as making your bike go faster and if you drop your bike while riding or it falls over :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: dont fret :errr: it'll protect the paint against road rash and it does all this while increasing your fuel economy and extending your warranty.

my apologgies to G.....Pro, just couldn't resisit and also in case he doesn't show I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

But wait theres more, you thought that was great don't pick up your phone just yet... :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
i guess it's not really a secret anymore, is it?

i use plexus and i love it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I know of a girl who once used ajax to clean her boyfriends car.

Ahh it was good to be in the paint refinishing business back then

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There seems to be lots of product used among all of us but generally none has use SwissVax, Zymol and Glare.

Is there other product you guys can recommend .

Most ppl has recommend me Autoglym but im still keeping the options open

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Plexus or the Motul quick-wash. good stuff.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Its like many things in life, how much you want to spend and the results required. Having an interest in motorcycle detail, I have used many products. Depending on your paint work etc, the condition. There are some great products on the market. Most professinoal vehicle detailers wouldn't touch Autoglym, I have seen the results of long term use of this product. There are some great products on the market, from Polish, Glaze, sealant and of course wax. I have even gone into best results on the colour red and silver. If you tell me the colour of your machine, I can advise further.
If you are looking for a show shine, then you will need to treat the paintwork. As follows,

Wash the paint work down with a good PH shampoo. Don't use a sponge, use a good sheep skin mit, doesn't scratch or swirl.

Now, depending on the age of the paintwork, I would most certainly recommend you clay the paint work and use a good lubrication. This removes dirt and general road crap from the paint, you will be amazed at the results. The end reslut is a far deepr luster in your paint finish

Then, use a good paint cleaner. This again removed the clay and anyother dirt etc. Also primes the paint work for the wax.

Now drying your machine. Do not dry or polish in circle motion, you will get swirls. Buy a good microfiber drying cloth, plenty on the market.

If you decided to use a good wax, then I always apply by hand. Heat the wax up in your hands before application. Depending on the make of wax, will depend on how long you leave it on the surface. Rub well in and leave for the recommend time period. Somthing like Swissvax can be left longer than Zymol, but they are both good products.

Removing the wax. Again, no circle motions, just up and down. Use a good deep pile polishing cloth.

For even better results, to finish, just a small spray of natural distilled water will also add to the end shine. Normal tap water isn't that great for the end finish.

For further info, have a look at this detailing forum. Don't waste your money without doing the research. So many peoples garages are full of lotions and potions which they have wasted their money on!

www.detailingworld.co.uk

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nicensleazy said:
Its like many things in life, how much you want to spend and the results required. Having an interest in motorcycle detail, I have used many products. Depending on your paint work etc, the condition. There are some great products on the market. Most professinoal vehicle detailers wouldn't touch Autoglym, I have seen the results of long term use of this product. There are some great products on the market, from Polish, Glaze, sealant and of course wax. I have even gone into best results on the colour red and silver. If you tell me the colour of your machine, I can advise further.
If you are looking for a show shine, then you will need to treat the paintwork. As follows,

Wash the paint work down with a good PH shampoo. Don't use a sponge, use a good sheep skin mit, doesn't scratch or swirl.

Now, depending on the age of the paintwork, I would most certainly recommend you clay the paint work and use a good lubrication. This removes dirt and general road crap from the paint, you will be amazed at the results. The end reslut is a far deepr luster in your paint finish

Then, use a good paint cleaner. This again removed the clay and anyother dirt etc. Also primes the paint work for the wax.

Now drying your machine. Do not dry or polish in circle motion, you will get swirls. Buy a good microfiber drying cloth, plenty on the market.

If you decided to use a good wax, then I always apply by hand. Heat the wax up in your hands before application. Depending on the make of wax, will depend on how long you leave it on the surface. Rub well in and leave for the recommend time period. Somthing like Swissvax can be left longer than Zymol, but they are both good products.

Removing the wax. Again, no circle motions, just up and down. Use a good deep pile polishing cloth.

For even better results, to finish, just a small spray of natural distilled water will also add to the end shine. Normal tap water isn't that great for the end finish.

For further info, have a look at this detailing forum. Don't waste your money without doing the research. So many peoples garages are full of lotions and potions which they have wasted their money on!

www.detailingworld.co.uk
whats ur recommendation for BEST outcome ? put aside the cost. main factor result

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
antonioshabirto said:
whats ur recommendation for BEST outcome ? put aside the cost. main factor result

OK, a few products to look out for. They are NOT in a certain order!!!!

PH SHAMPOO

Zaino Z7
Sonus
Raceglaze Aqua Bathe
Zymol
Swissvax

CLAY

Meguires (Quick clay)
Zymol
Swissvax

PAINT CLEANER

Swissvax
Zymol
Dodo juice
Meguires

Wax

Zymol Concours
Swissvax Best of show
Dodo juice
Victoria concours

I have included products from both ends of the price scale. Remember, with a good carnuba wax, a little goes a long way!

Then, you can also go into various grades of carnuba wax. From pure brizilian white to various yellows and combinations. But I wouldn't worry about that

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
nicensleazy said:
OK, a few products to look out for. They are NOT in a certain order!!!!

PH SHAMPOO

Zaino Z7
Sonus
Raceglaze Aqua Bathe
Zymol
Swissvax

CLAY

Meguires (Quick clay)
Zymol
Swissvax

PAINT CLEANER

Swissvax
Zymol
Dodo juice
Meguires

Wax

Zymol Concours
Swissvax Best of show
Dodo juice
Victoria concours

I have included products from both ends of the price scale. Remember, with a good carnuba wax, a little goes a long way!

Then, you can also go into various grades of carnuba wax. From pure brizilian white to various yellows and combinations. But I wouldn't worry about that

Also, just a little list here which may help. I have not mentioned Zymol or Swissvax products because of the price, however they are both superb products.

Various waxes,

Light Colours: White, Silver, Light Grey, Light Blue, Light Metallics.
Dodo Rain Forest Rub,
Dodo Light Fantastic,
Dodo Hard Candy,
Dodo Diamond White,
Dodo Juice / Rubbish Boy's Juiced Edition
Chemical Guys 50/50 Paste Wax,
Chemical Guys Extreme Gloss M Seal
Chemical Guys jetSEAL109
Victoria Collectors Wax,
Victoria Concours Red Wax,
Collinite No. 476S,
Collinite No. 845,
Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax,
Meguiars #16 Paste Wax,
JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic,
Poorboys EX Sealant,
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze,
Rubbish Boy's Original Edition

Warm Colours: Yellow, Orange, Red, Gold.
Dodo Rain Forest Rub,
Dodo Orange Crush,
Dodo Hard Candy,
Dodo Banana Armour,
Chemical Guys – XXX,
Chemical Guys Pete's 53',
Chemical Guys 50/50 Paste Wax
Chemical Guys jetSEAL109
Victoria Collectors Wax,
P21s Carnauba Wax,
Nattys Paste Wax,
Collinite #915,
Collinite No. 476S,
Collinite No. 845,
Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax,
Meguiars #16 Paste Wax,
Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Paste Wax,
JEFFS Werkstatt Carnauba,
Blackfire Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax,
Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax,
Poorboys EX Sealant with Carnauba,
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze,
Rubbish Boy's Original Edition

Dark Colours: Black, Grey, Dark Blue, Dark Metallics.
Dodo Rain Forest Rub,
Dodo Purple Haze,
Dodo Hard Candy,
Dodo Blue Velvet,
Pinnicle Souveran,
Chemical Guys – XXX,
Chemical Guys Pete's 53',
Chemical Guys 50/50 Paste Wax,
Chemical Guys jetSEAL109
Victoria Concours Red Wax,