MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Some of our customer's bikes:

Lots of carbon and a red bellypan:


More carbon bits:


Carl's rear end:


Full MotoCorse exhaust:


We should be making a start on our project Brutale in the next couple of months, a few interesting one-off modifcations planned, we will keep you guys posted!
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
MotoCorse - Brutale exhaust info

For info click on the link above.

The full system which is titanium weighs in at 3.2kg, the stock system MV installed on the Brutale weighs 10.2kg.

Both the silencer only and the full system are road legal with a removable baffle insert which is nice to have.

The pipework is very impressive, and the quality is the best money will buy you, the pipework from the silencer to the heads are a bigger bore and very thick, looks mean. Sounds good, with the baffle in a little louder than the standard system, with the baffles out a lot louder. A customer of ours told us he saw a 16hp increase on the crank after dynoing, however we have no dyno graphs as of yet.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
I put on a MVSP carbon keyguard, upper and lower chain guards, rear tail piece, instrument cover as well as the MV headers and cat bypass in stainless. A black alcantara seat. I put clear lenses on the front turnsignals, I also took off the spacer on the blinkers so they did not stick out as much. The best looking mod however has been the removal of the rear fender. I used a license plate mount from mvf4s.com that I modified, and then I installed the rear lights from clear alternatives. The one problem with these is the light bleeds to either side, and unless you are directly behind the bike you cannot tell wich side is blinking. I therefore had to crack open the housing and installed a divider, and presto it now works perfectly. I'll put some pictures up as soon as I get a chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
910 Gladio kit # 22. Ive got the CRG mirrors, Carbon airbox covers, Arrow Carbon cans with Arrow midpipe, Clear front turnsignal lenses with the stalk shortened (just take the spacer out), carbon hugger, removed rear passenger pegs, custom license plate holder (fab'd it myself out of aluminum plate) with small LED turnsignals and "MV 910" license plate.
I had the clear tail light lens, but I like the red better with the 910 red frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
bartolim said:
I put on a MVSP carbon keyguard, upper and lower chain guards, rear tail piece, instrument cover as well as the MV headers and cat bypass in stainless. A black alcantara seat. I put clear lenses on the front turnsignals, I also took off the spacer on the blinkers so they did not stick out as much. The best looking mod however has been the removal of the rear fender. I used a license plate mount from mvf4s.com that I modified, and then I installed the rear lights from clear alternatives. The one problem with these is the light bleeds to either side, and unless you are directly behind the bike you cannot tell wich side is blinking. I therefore had to crack open the housing and installed a divider, and presto it now works perfectly. I'll put some pictures up as soon as I get a chance.
Yeah, I MacGyver'd the housing on the clear alternatives tail light on my 750 and put a spacer in there too, but you still get a little bit of blinker bleed through. The side that isnt flashing still blinks a little. You would think clear alt could do this from the factory to save us some trouble.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bartolim said:
I put on a MVSP carbon keyguard, upper and lower chain guards, rear tail piece, instrument cover as well as the MV headers and cat bypass in stainless. A black alcantara seat. I put clear lenses on the front turnsignals, I also took off the spacer on the blinkers so they did not stick out as much. The best looking mod however has been the removal of the rear fender. I used a license plate mount from mvf4s.com that I modified, and then I installed the rear lights from clear alternatives. The one problem with these is the light bleeds to either side, and unless you are directly behind the bike you cannot tell wich side is blinking. I therefore had to crack open the housing and installed a divider, and presto it now works perfectly. I'll put some pictures up as soon as I get a chance.
excellent sounding modifications....
do you have any pictures to show us?

thanks in advance



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rsduce said:
910 Gladio kit # 22. Ive got the CRG mirrors, Carbon airbox covers, Arrow Carbon cans with Arrow midpipe, Clear front turnsignal lenses with the stalk shortened (just take the spacer out), carbon hugger, removed rear passenger pegs, custom license plate holder (fab'd it myself out of aluminum plate) with small LED turnsignals and "MV 910" license plate.
I had the clear tail light lens, but I like the red better with the 910 red frame.
fantastic...
are there any pictures so that we can all appreciate these improvements?

thanks so much



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Here's the things I've done to my Brutale 910R. Several items were added specifically for protection. I've been very lucky over my years...knock on wood!!!...but most of the damage I've incurred has been from someone knocking my bike over, hot pavement giving way to the side stand, etc. So because of that:

Protective mods:

3M protective clear masking on gas tank sides and covers
R&G upper and lower frame sliders
Front and rear axle sliders
Super Motard handguards

---this will probably be the most controversial mod from an aesthetic point, but I really like it and that's what counts. It looks better seeing it in person, but I think it goes with the tough look the Brutale conveys.

Performance mods:

Matris steering damper (very easy mount and I prefer this to the Ohlins/Scott solution, but that is a very personal matter.

Visual / Miscellaneous mods:

Carbon fiber rear hugger, tail section, air vents, cylinder fill-ins, exhaust guards, and radiator covers.
Removed spacer from front turn signals
Evoluzione license plate "kit"
CRG lane splitter folding bar end mirrors

Here are pictures of these mods:

This bike is the best looking, most amazing handling, most attention getting bike I've ever ridden. Absolutely love it. I will probably experiment with the carbon fiber mini-windscreen from EmotoUK when it becomes available.

Look forward to seeing other pictures.
Steve
 

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
lkyk9 said:
Here's the things I've done to my Brutale 910R. Several items were added specifically for protection. I've been very lucky over my years...knock on wood!!!...but most of the damage I've incurred has been from someone knocking my bike over, hot pavement giving way to the side stand, etc. So because of that:

Protective mods:

3M protective clear masking on gas tank sides and covers
R&G upper and lower frame sliders
Front and rear axle sliders
Super Motard handguards

---this will probably be the most controversial mod from an aesthetic point, but I really like it and that's what counts. It looks better seeing it in person, but I think it goes with the tough look the Brutale conveys.

Performance mods:

Matris steering damper (very easy mount and I prefer this to the Ohlins/Scott solution, but that is a very personal matter.

Visual / Miscellaneous mods:

Carbon fiber rear hugger, tail section, air vents, cylinder fill-ins, exhaust guards, and radiator covers.
Removed spacer from front turn signals
Evoluzione license plate "kit"
CRG lane splitter folding bar end mirrors

Here are pictures of these mods:

This bike is the best looking, most amazing handling, most attention getting bike I've ever ridden. Absolutely love it. I will probably experiment with the carbon fiber mini-windscreen from EmotoUK when it becomes available.

Look forward to seeing other pictures.
Steve
definitely a thumb's up to the mods ... bike looks good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Spalding12,

I got a set of black KTM "enduro" handguards. Actually went on pretty easy; just a couple small mods. You have to drill the end out slightly so the bar end fits through the handguard then an the throttle sideyou have to put a small spacer on the back of the handguard so it does not push against the throttle grip and prevent the throttle from snapping closed.

I did this in conjunction with adding the CRG mirrors so I had to space out both sides to have a place to clamp the mirrors.

Hope this helps; if not I can get some additional pics that might show the description better. When you actually put the handguards in place, it becomes clear what you have to modify.

My main reason for putting on the handguards was for protection. I previously had an Aprillia with radial brakes. The bike fell in a parking lot and hit on the brake lever which damaged the radial master cylinder.....many hundreds of $$$$ later I looked for an easy way to protect the brake and clutch levers/cylinders.

Personally I like the look also; the 910R is so tough looking that I think they work. If I get tired of them it's an easy removal.
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top