MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please post your experience of other people's admiration for your MV!

I wanted to start a new thread so we can share our experiences of having the special perk of being a MV owner!

here is mine, which I posted in my other thread...

yesterday when I was riding it in BH again(to the same dentist's office and investigating for other possible witness/camera), I was stopped at a red light on Wilshire and the famous Rodeo drive, 3 young attarctive French female tourists were crossing the street infront of me and one suddently walked right next to me, and another whipped out a camera and snapped a few shots of us while people and other drivers are watching , it caught me by surprised, and thought it was kinda weird but still very flattering, then she said "thanks, very sexy bike and outfit".

In a strange way, it made me feel better about riding the Senna in that area again.

here is the thread where the post came from, it was about my less than 1 day old Senna 1000 getting knocked over while it was parked in BH.http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2537&page=1&pp=10

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
My experiences are a few years old:

1) I was at Scottsdale, Arizona Ferrari looking at the eye candy when one of the Ferrari mechanics (who was Italian) stop working and came out to look at my bike. He know of the original MV Agusta from his childhood and started asking technical questions. After the first "what does Valvole Radiali" meant, I knew I was in trouble.

2) Leaving work in Downtown Phoenix at guy on a RC51 at the opposition intersection was waving me down. I was a bit in the rush so I made my right turn. A few seconds later, he pop out of nowhere (sort of like how you see a cop at the last second). He would have had to make a U-turn, a right, and another right to catch me. He said he loved the MV and never saw one in person. He asked if I had time to talk about I had an appointment at which point he did the strangest thing. He put his hand on my mirror! I guess he just wanted to be able to touch an MV. It was the wierder but most flattering thing.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
People see my bike parked at my shop and admire it. The discussion often leads to "how much?'

When I state that the list price of a 910R is $17,900 they blurt out "wow! You must be rich!" or sometheing similar.

Then I state, well, I could have purchased an BMW RT for $19,000, or a Ducati 999 for $18,000 and if I showed up with a $25-30,000 Harley Road King, you would have said "cool!"

After that, they often look at me and say: "really nice bike"

·
Registered
351 Posts
I take my bike though tech inspection (scrutineers) on race weekends. I race regional races...Formula 40 class. (40 years old plus) The tech guys dont even look if I have the oil drain plug safety wired. They just talk about the price of the bike.

I must say....It gets abit old. Its not my fault they didn't study in school. :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
odonata said:
yesterday when I was riding it in BH again(to the same dentist's office and investigating for other possible witness/camera), I was stopped at a red light on Wilshire and the famous Rodeo drive, 3 young attarctive French female tourists were crossing the street infront of me and one suddently walked right next to me, and another whipped out a camera and snapped a few shots of us while people and other drivers are watching , it caught me by surprised, and thought it was kinda weird but still very flattering, then she said "thanks, very sexy bike and outfit".

In a strange way, it made me feel better about riding the Senna in that area again.
[/url]
this is a great thread..... very creative
i love your story.... can't wait to hear more

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Leaving work in Downtown Phoenix at guy on a RC51 at the opposition intersection was waving me down. I was a bit in the rush so I made my right turn. A few seconds later, he pop out of nowhere (sort of like how you see a cop at the last second). He would have had to make a U-turn, a right, and another right to catch me. He said he loved the MV and never saw one in person. He asked if I had time to talk about I had an appointment at which point he did the strangest thing. He put his hand on my mirror! I guess he just wanted to be able to touch an MV. It was the wierder but most flattering thing.
quite interesting, indeed

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
MV Blackie said:
had to kick 6 kids away from the bike today :stir:
There was a great story of such an event on one of the ZX-14 boards when the bike first came out.....

a guy left his bike for a minute to put something in a mailbox
he saw the kids looking at his bike as he walked away.... never took off his helmet/had limited peripheral vision.... and hearing at that point

he heard some noise....
turned around and saw his bike fall, and 4 kids running in the opposite direction

he never caught them...
the bike cost a whole lot of money to get back to new condition...

sounds like a SENNA tragedy of a couple of days ago

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spalding12 said:
There was a great story of such an event on one of the ZX-14 boards when the bike first came out.....

a guy left his bike for a minute to put something in a mailbox
he saw the kids looking at his bike as he walked away.... never took off his helmet/had limited peripheral vision.... and hearing at that point

he heard some noise....
turned around and saw his bike fall, and 4 kids running in the opposite direction

he never caught them...
the bike cost a whole lot of money to get back to new condition...

sounds like a SENNA tragedy of a couple of days ago
I can understand the pain... I wonder why?

the difference is, if that happened to me with the ZX-14, I would be mostly furious with the kids.

with the Senna, I was overwhelmed with pain and devastation, the anger towards the person(s) who knocked over the bike and ran was almost not felt... not even now. Could be it's a sub-conscious survival mechanism? if I can feel the anger for that person, perhaps I could have a stroke, or pump him full of lead? I don't know. we must have a few psycalogist here, they can trell me that.

it doesn't matter, I am moving on.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
mostly just oooo's and ahhhh's......

my favorite one though was a few guys in worcester mass who thought it was a tricked out honda F4. They had no idea what MV was and thought it was my initials or something :laughing: . It took about 3 explainations of MV and who they are to convince the guy it was not a honda F4

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matty said:

my favorite one though was a few guys in worcester mass who thought it was a tricked out honda F4. They had no idea what MV was and thought it was my initials or something :laughing: . It took about 3 explainations of MV and who they are to convince the guy it was not a honda F4
funny. I guess they were not true motorcycle enthusiast.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
odonata said:
I can understand the pain... I wonder why?

the difference is, if that happened to me with the ZX-14, I would be mostly furious with the kids.

with the Senna, I was overwhelmed with pain and devastation, the anger towards the person(s) who knocked over the bike and ran was almost not felt... not even now. Could be it's a sub-conscious survival mechanism? if I can feel the anger for that person, perhaps I could have a stroke, or pump him full of lead? I don't know. we must have a few psycalogist here, they can trell me that.

it doesn't matter, I am moving on.
i'm glad that you have been calm about it...
no one knows how he/she will react until such a situation is presented

i imagine that years from now, when you think back about this event, THAT is when the anger will surface.... maybe i'm wrong

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Matty said:

wow....
that is simply pathetic.... sounds like a scene from some bad JERRY SPRINGER show :eek:

·
Registered
261 Posts
The other day I went by the local Honda/Ducati dealership to see how dyno time cost. Before I knew it, the Ducati mechanic was out scoping out the Brutale and taking pictures of it with his cell phone camera.

Many "dog watching TV" looks from the unknowing, and always followed up by something like "that bike sure looks pretty, what is it?"

Last breakfast run, a BMW rider couldn't do anything more than just look and stare without the ability to say anything.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Once I didn't see my own bike anymore when at the fuelstation when I returned from paying...

Or when I went to a bikestore (no MV dealer) and that everyone who was in the store was outside in a minute :yo:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I seem to get mixed reactions...

At the track I get the usual "Dont drop it" senario....but most guys are genuinely interested in knowing what it's like on the track...I'm pretty honest about the bikes capabilites...

I also get asked a lot if it's brand new, or is it the "new 1000"..........all this says to me is how well designed the bike is...with people thinking it's the latest and greatest, even though it's 6 years old.

You also get the "Twice as much as the Gixxer 750, not as fast as a new 600" crowd too. I always try to make a point of saying hello out on track to these people..usually around the outside :flickoff: I'm very protective of the MV reputation and name...crazy I know, but true

Now..I've been down the chute at Phillip Island many, many times.....and there's still NO WAY a 600 will outpull a well tuned F4750.........We have wanker, over exagerating, pommy journos for that misconseption....never have I actually seen a test of a new 600 up against the F4...they always comment that the F4 "feels" no faster than a 600. Well it is in a straight line !!! Anyway, rant over :cross:

·
Registered
922 Posts
On the second day of ownership, I was putting along minding my own business when I was honked repeatedly by a car two lanes away. We pull up together at the stop light as it's clear they want to speak to me. I'm thinking brute vs car is no contest. The man's wife winds down her window and says, "Hey my husband's never seen a bike like that, you wanna come over to our place for coffee?" I look at them through my visor, and lo and behold, they're people I bloody met at a friend's party--not knowing it was me they saw the bike and just chased it down. So I go to their place and talk bikes over coffee. Got to know them a bit better. It was great.

In these first two weeks, I've had 15 meals either paid for by friends or invited over to their house just because of the bike. One friend wanted to see the bike 3 times on the same weekend.

Now that things are returning to normal, I'm going on a proper ride--maybe 3000km if my butt can take it.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts