MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How's it hanging chaps
Been lurking around on this forum for a while and recently bought a 920 Brut with around 7,000 km's on.
Did a run on her this morning and after a wash and chain lube I noticed there was a bit of side-to-side play in the back sprocket.
I don't really know the bike and so wouldn't know if this is normal or not.

Is this normal ? Any advice ?

·
Administrator
20,767 Posts
Welcome to the family! If you mean front to back (radial) then the cush drive is showing wear. The rubber mounting for the sprocket. If you mean left to right (axial) then something is loose.
At least that's my experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the family! If you mean front to back (radial) then the cush drive is showing wear. The rubber mounting for the sprocket. If you mean left to right (axial) then something is loose.
At least that's my experience.
Thanks mate
It's a bit of axial movement. I checked the axle nuts and they seemed pretty tight but didn't have the right tool to fit those things so they might not be torqued properly.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
How much play ? There is about 1mm play left to right ( axial ) in my F4 . This is sprocket to carrier stack movement and as far as I can reason normal. As Ed says there should be no play radially ).

It is a fact that this normal movement left to right is not movement at the cush driver rubbers ( normally ! ).

Be careful if mixing later ( quick fit ) sprocket carriers to early models as there can be problems in alignment with the front sprocket .

I have seen brand new F3 with alot of this side to movement probably 2mm from memory. I have also seen a brand new F3 with no discernible movement

There was a whole thread on this and me and Adam threw our handbags at each other but we kissed and made up : ) ...It is very difficult to discuss on the interweb.

I did a diagram ..I'll have a look for it ( I did turf out a whole load of surplus paper a couple of days ago and it may have been mulched along with old tax returns ! )

Joe

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Well Brian, Your's would be full of Irish gold I'm sure so I would't tussle with you...:jsm: :laughing::laughing:
Irish Gold?........That'd be the the EU bailout Joe! and my 'Celtic Tiger' is havin his 'Kitty Kat' rationed at the moment:laughing::laughing:
Brian:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the laugh and the advice guys. Play isn't worse than what sounds "normal"

P!ssed myself at Joe's comment somewhere inbetween all the handbagging :
Im now on a prescription for Valium and self medication of Guinness : )
:laughing: :laughing:

Schweet. Enjoy the holidays and keep the rubber side down :brutale:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts