MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to change my plate mount because the bike is so pretty and the tidy tail i'm running just sticks out like a sore thumb
Untitled by tn97d90, on Flickr

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't have any pictures right now, I could get some if you would like, but here's the gist:

Turn the tail tidy around and mount the plate 'backwards' on it. It will now be tilting inwards instead of outwards, it looks cleaner. I also pressed the plate up a little bit to make it more flush ;). It's not exactly 'legal' as far as inspections or whatever but I like the look, I might get more issues once police presence begins to focus on that nonsense again but no trouble this season.

Note: you may have to shorten the tail tidy somehow. I did lose a plate on my 750 because the tail tidy bracket mounted it too low and the wheel caught it, so I just tightened it directly to the tail, using some gaffers tape as padding to prevent scuffs on the bodywork.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have any pictures right now, I could get some if you would like, but here's the gist:

Turn the tail tidy around and mount the plate 'backwards' on it. It will now be tilting inwards instead of outwards, it looks cleaner. I also pressed the plate up a little bit to make it more flush ;). It's not exactly 'legal' as far as inspections or whatever but I like the look, I might get more issues once police presence begins to focus on that nonsense again but no trouble this season.

Note: you may have to shorten the tail tidy somehow. I did lose a plate on my 750 because the tail tidy bracket mounted it too low and the wheel caught it, so I just tightened it directly to the tail, using some gaffers tape as padding to prevent scuffs on the bodywork.
I don't have inspection

1 - 8 of 8 Posts