MV Agusta Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out about the terrible plane accident in Ny that killed a Yankees pitcher, and an instructor. I hope that noboby from here was hurt in the appartment block where the accident happened, or family members of anyone here. It was a terrible thing that happened, and a reminder of how short life can be. My condolences and im sure i speak for everyone here go out to the families of those that passed.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
a very sad story
hard to imagine what mechanical failure was responsible...
he was sightseeing before turning south towards florida.... his winter home (about an hour east of where i sit right now)

he was flying UP the east river to take one last look at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx when the plane suddenly dropped and veered left and turned right into that building

a distress call briefly went out seconds before impact

what a horrible story

the instant fear for New Yorkers with memories of 9-11.... followed by some "relief" when it was determined that terrorism was NOT an issue.... then followed by grief when they learned one of their favorite sons (and his companion) had perished

a very tough day for so many

may they both rest in peace

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
418 Posts
Years ago I used to work in the lower part of that building for HSS; freaked me out somewhat. The sirens going up 3rd ave. the other day for 2+ hours was amazing - talk about response!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What I heard was he was cruising at 700 feet south on the east river, and hit the building not long after at 500 feet. I think it was only a few seconds later.

That implies stall to me. You're a passenger at that point, no control over what the plane will do.

Seems like it isn't a good idea to be flying around Manhattan under any circumstances.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
acruhl said:
What I heard was he was cruising at 700 feet south on the east river, and hit the building not long after at 500 feet. I think it was only a few seconds later.

That implies stall to me. You're a passenger at that point, no control over what the plane will do.

Seems like it isn't a good idea to be flying around Manhattan under any circumstances.
Cory Lidle was from my hometown in West Covina, I grew up with him and played in the same little league as him, my dad did snackstand duty with his mom who was in charge of the snackstand at our little league. He came from a good family, and we will all miss him very much. He was a talented pitcher and a good pilot who loved to fly airplanes. The crash was obvioulsy a mechanical malfuntion and not pilot error. I would have flown with Cory over NY anytime. Andrew you are a jerk!!! And this last post of yours proves it. What an A-hole you are. Frickin jerk-off. You just have to post on every single topic dont you without even realizing who is reading. Not only that but you come accross as if you know exactly what happened and as if you were there and as if you were an aviation expert too. What makes you an aviation authority? Do you have a pilots liscense? Have you ever even flown an airplane before? (I'm just asking these dumb questions cuz thats exacly what Andrew would do to me everytime I would post on here, but his last post really pissed me off and hit home so I had to post a reply) I hope Alvin cuts YOU off this time. :2up:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Spalding, AnotherMV, and Pier. Your prayers are worth more then you know to the Lidles and those who knew Cory.
And "For the Record" (Like Andrew likes to always say when hes back tracking and cleaning up some slipup of his on a previous post) there was a distress call before the crash concerning fuel so they obviously had no power or partial power before the crash. Thats basically what happened from what I understand so far. It gives us all something to think about when we are riding or racing. All it takes is for one thing to go wrong and its all over in an instant.
Such a tragedy and at a young age. Cory my friend you will be missed by many.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
3 guesses at who you are...

I don't see how what I said could be any disrespect to those who died.

And yes, I do know something about flying, but I don't know why I would have to explain that to you.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
acruhl said:
Thats what you said that pissed me off, it was in bad taste, as is everything else that spews out of your mouth.
Dont reply to this post, you have NO business after your disrespectful comment!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
acruhl said:
Ok, I won't.

Wasn't it you that was saying something about freedom of speech? I guess that's only your right then, I apologize.
Yeah thats on the other Truly Free Forum, not this one, this one is run differently and more Totalitarian, otherwise I would have still had my original screenname. Again, please do not reply to this thread anymore. You have no right to after your distasteful comment.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Dude, seriously. I'm not going to argue with you about something you seem to have some personal connection to.

But if you can remove yourself from what you're saying here and "over there", it looks from the outside like you're just looking for a flame war. Nobody likes that. Give it a rest.

You win. I'm stupid. You're smart. You said you are so I guess you're right.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
To me it looked like he tried to bank around the building and miscalculated...

thus pilot error it’s a shame but accidents do happen. Unfortunately in an accident in an airplane is usually followed very quickly with demise.

Sure am glad to see someone doesnt know when to just go away

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
748R12 said:
Yeah thats on the other Truly Free Forum, not this one, this one is run differently and more Totalitarian, otherwise I would have still had my original screenname. Again, please do not reply to this thread anymore. You have no right to after your distasteful comment.
So let me get this straight you got banned from here, and you continue to come back? Is that just due to sheer stupidity or do you really just like any attention you get no matter if it is good or bad?

Ok, so you thought his comment was distasteful.. ok, well he was pretty stupid to try flying between buildings knowing there are numerous things that could go wrong resulting in death. Airplanes are not very forgiving when it comes to learning curve...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Dova80 said:
To me it looked like he tried to bank around the building and miscalculated...

thus pilot error it’s a shame but accidents do happen. Unfortunately in an accident in an airplane is usually followed very quickly with demise.

Sure am glad to see someone doesnt know when to just go away
i get your point
but.... it's illegal to go over the island of manhattan
so, i don't believe he'd try to bank around that building
yes..... he's a novice, with more money than flying experience time at that point
but...

sounds to me like something else happened putting him over land... a big no no

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
After listening to the report that the propeller was still turning when it hit the building, it really seems like a stall to me. I suppose it's possible that they lost power and got it started again as well, but that would likely also result in a stall.

Stalling is one of the most common flying mishaps or mistakes, that along with the report that they lost 200 feet of altitude in only a few seconds really points in that direction...

I think extra restrictions on flying around Manhattan were made because of this incident.

I'm not going to pass judgement on what the guys in the plane were doing, but I can say that it seems like it's not a hugely smart idea to be flying around Manhattan. Kind of like, it's legal to drive your car at top speed in states without a posted limit, but is it really a good idea?

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
spalding12 said:
i get your point
but.... it's illegal to go over the island of manhattan
so, i don't believe he'd try to bank around that building
yes..... he's a novice, with more money than flying experience time at that point
but...

sounds to me like something else happened putting him over land... a big no no
Its illegal to speed too, alot of people do it.

I hope something else happened atleast his family can know that he did not kill himself due to error on his behalf

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.