MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon picking my bike up from the dealer, like alot of people I wanted to customize and personalize my bike. I called and left 4 messages with Pirates Lair, leaving a detailed message each time with what I wanted to purchase. They never got back to me. So for the 5th attempt, I tried calling at night. A woman answered the phone, not because she was interested in the business, but because, she was curious to who was calling at 9:30pm. I explained my attempts at contacting them and assured me that what I wanted would be shipped in a few days. Well, I'm working on 3 weeks since I spoke to them and not recieved jack! I called and left two messages and yet again no returned call. It is apparent that they are lousy and non caring company, in that they didn't bother to process the $800+ transaction

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jerry and his wife are away at the Texas Hill Country BMW Rally from April 11th- 18th..............

This is posted on the web site.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah man, I have done business with them several times and each occasion was a pleasure. Good service with first rate products. Give them another chance once they get back from their vacation. You will not be dissappointed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Your Wrong

They're ON VACATION!!!!

They are GREAT to do business with...I'm sure they will do the transaction this week as they return to a NORMAL business schedule.

Never had a problem either BMW or MV.................

Peter

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Ditto to all above! I had nothing but positive experiences with Jerry, and they even managed to ship a backordered part just before their vacation.
Also, try webordering, that way it's easier for all to keep track of.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had an excellent experience with them. In fact, not only did they get me my stuff, Jery's wife gave me some excellent advice on getting my kids started in horseback riding. I think we spent 10 minutes discussing what I needed for the bike and 30 minutes on horses and just shooting the bull. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Nice people. It can be very frustrating to deal with vendors that dont give a damn. Pirates Lair has never had that sort of reputation. I think your issue may be a consquence of bad timing.

·
Living the Dream
2,762 Posts
i would give them a break if i were you. they are a great couple and have done a number of things for me since i got my MV. Jerry is a customer oriented person and as you can see plenty of people will say the same thing. Cut him some slack especially if he is on vacation.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
As an independent with no axe to grind on this subject, it seems the majority of the guys who have commented about this on the forum have a high regard for the Pirates Lair outfit Jovanotti, I'd take their advice and give them another chance. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have purchased several items on different occasions, each time, Jerry was the most customer friendly person whom I had the great pleasure to do business with and will continue to purchase great items from. Pirates Lair has been very professional and very curtious with all my orders.
BTW Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
410 Posts
I need to chime in on this one too. I've purchased stuff from Pirate's Lair for 5 or 6 years now...starting buying stuff for my BMW K1200RS from him and I have bought tail light relocators, reservoir covers, rear stands and other stuff for my MV from Jerry. I've had nothing but a great experience and even get a few personal emails from him checking to make sure everything arrived in good shape and/or letting me know what's up with my order. I highly recommend Pirate's Lair.

Steve

P.S. Use their website to order...the stuff just magically shows up at your front door with no hassles whatsoever.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RoyB said:
Jerry and his wife are away at the Texas Hill Country BMW Rally from April 11th- 18th..............

This is posted on the web site.
I'm talkin' months ago, and I've called since they were do back as instructed by their answering machine

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reopropf said:
They're ON VACATION!!!!

They are GREAT to do business with...I'm sure they will do the transaction this week as they return to a NORMAL business schedule.

Never had a problem either BMW or MV.................

Peter
It's been nearly a week since they were do back per their voicemail and yet nothing!!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sgcullen said:
I need to chime in on this one too. I've purchased stuff from Pirate's Lair for 5 or 6 years now...starting buying stuff for my BMW K1200RS from him and I have bought tail light relocators, reservoir covers, rear stands and other stuff for my MV from Jerry. I've had nothing but a great experience and even get a few personal emails from him checking to make sure everything arrived in good shape and/or letting me know what's up with my order. I highly recommend Pirate's Lair.

Steve

P.S. Use their website to order...the stuff just magically shows up at your front door with no hassles whatsoever.
Yeh, there about as good as Fast By Ferracci with their service!!! I wouldn't buy from them at this point if they were the last of the limited MV parts companies out there!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Jovanotti,

I'll take the bait................

I agree FBF in the past has had a problem with it's parts dept. Either one guy wasn't interested in your problem, or another spoke a good game but never placed a promised order. Both guys are GONE. 2 guys now are working the parts orders, one Allen, is a Duc guy, and doing a good job for just about a year now. It's tough to find motivated help sometimes.

And by the way; after my recent low speed crash my Tamburini's nose pc, turnsignal, left side fairing, headlight frame, headlight, windshield, bar-end, frame plate, foot peg were ALL avaiable at Cagiva USA, & promptly sent over, & installed within 72 hours. Bike was out of service <1 week!

Not cheap :cry: , but discounted :) ; it helps to BE NICE TO PEOPLE.

Peter

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reopropf said:
Jovanotti,

I'll take the bait................

I agree FBF in the past has had a problem with it's parts dept. Either one guy wasn't interested in your problem, or another spoke a good game but never placed a promised order. Both guys are GONE. 2 guys now are working the parts orders, one Allen, is a Duc guy, and doing a good job for just about a year now. It's tough to find motivated help sometimes.

And by the way; after my recent low speed crash my Tamburini's nose pc, turnsignal, left side fairing, headlight frame, headlight, windshield, bar-end, frame plate, foot peg were ALL avaiable at Cagiva USA, & promptly sent over, & installed within 72 hours. Bike was out of service <1 week!

Not cheap :cry: , but discounted :) ; it helps to BE NICE TO PEOPLE.

Peter
Yeh, I thought Allen was good to, matter of fact I even told him how poor most everyone that came through there was. He told me for over a month every week I would call him, "Your exhaust will be here in a few days, I'll let you know!" Then I would call, not a few days later, but a week later and it was, "Oh, there's been a delay, it'll be here next week" Every week for 5 weeks, that's BS!!!! Be honest, say you don't know, how about, "They were supposed to be here and we don't have an ETA at this point". I got an exhaust from them, not because they contacted me, my buddy at Warhorse told me that they just got full systems in. I called and he told me that "yes there in for your bike I'll send one to you right away!!" I got it, not only was it the wrong system, it wasn't what I wanted. Instead of pipes, I got cans! Then to top the whole sloppy experience, MR FERRACCI put the blame on Allen for screwing up and assured me that the system would be picked up the next day by UPS. The package sat out of my house all day. I called that evening and they told me that it wold be picked up the next day! The next day I put it out in the morning and by 6 pm the package was still there. I now have to personally go drop it off. So you tell me what the deal is!!!??? And by the way, I was nice, extremely, I'm a Financial Advisor and deal with people and their money everyday, I know what it is to be nice and not to BS people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Jovanetti,

Got it! Bad experience! I will talk to the powers to be over there and hopefully they'll get it together for consistantly good service and parts experiences by their customers.

I agree...it needs to improve!

Peter

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have had good experiences with Allen at FBF and also with Jerry at Pirates. Maybe if you would learn how to spell people might understand what you want.
example:
It's been nearly a week since they were "do" (how about due) back per their voicemail and yet nothing. :stickpoke

1 - 20 of 54 Posts