MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Call me oblivious.. but I actually..have never heard of piloti. .. . . . . :later:

I have heard of Puma though! :yo:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:)...http://piloti.com/about/

I came to a pretty simple conclusion recently where I stop buying running and basketball shoes for normal day-to-day usage. The Piloti are great for driving and very decent walking shoes. From what I can gathered, the sole system is from New Balance.

We have some serious car owners on this forum :laughing: so I figure there are more than a few Piloti enthusiats. :king:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've had a pair of the DTM's in blue/yellow for about six years. I've only worn them at auto track events, but love the feel they have.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bartolim said:
I've had a pair of the DTM's in blue/yellow for about six years. I've only worn them at auto track events, but love the feel they have.
Some will consider you to be a serious enthusiat due to the fact that the company has only been around since 1999. :yo:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link though, I also would like to get some practical shoes, tired of the old running shoes... where can you buy these?
Ben,

I order our Piloti straight from their website. I found their size is very comparable to the normal name brand.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Unless you do a lot of auto track events, then you would prolly not recognise the brand....Very comfy shoes and great for heel-toe driving.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Archille... I love that site.. thanks.. i'll order a pair tonight.
Are the Piloti boots OK for riding around in? They dont seem to have any ankle protection at all. And do you feel they substitute for gym shoes too or really just everyday walking/working shoes?

Flaming... What Sparco gear do you have and are extremely happy with? I like a few things on the website i'd like to get.

Has anyone seen the shoes from Frey Daytona? Does someone here have a pair.. and if so.. how are they? http://www.daytona.de/english/boots_e/boots.html
Daytona's shoes are called "Moto Fun"

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I wouldn't wear Piloti shoes on the cycle. If you're looking for some mid-height shoes for riding, I would suggest Alpinestars Stunt Shoe. I have worn these both on my MV and my Yamaha Raptor 700R quad and they give really good protection for general riding. Here's what they have...

Rugged waterproof probuck and durable cordura construction. // TPU protective heel plate. // Weatherproof gusseted tongue. // Custom PU liner. // Contoured laces stay tied. // Special footpeg gripping design. // Vulcanized rubber sole for great traction on wet surfaces. // Thick and protective extended toe counter. // "Stay put" suede on the arch. // Raised TPR rubber on shifter and other high wear areas. // Low profile sole design with Astar logo. // Full length molded PU midsole and "Sure step" rubber outsole. // Internal molded shank.

Here's a link to them...

http://www.alpinestars.com/moto/shoes_stunt.html

Steve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts