MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lightning At last I have managed to host some pictures of my MV being collected from the dealer and stripped down as soon as I got her home for some goodies to be fitted. I hope you like them (opinions welcome) and I will try to host some more when I have finished her.

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/xbenelli

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Very nice bike and special parts!

·
Registered
520 Posts
+1 but you have missed some cracking weather when you could have been riding it!!
I've also been guilty of buying bits and pieces....but each time I open the garage door, I look at the bits on the bench...then I look at the bike......then the road....then......I'm outa there!!!!
Tont

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
What is the "Lambda sensor " on the mid pipe? I replaced mine with a Ti mid and did not have a sensor in it. Could this only be a Euro thing? Great bike would love to put some carbon on mine.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
So why is your Benelli deceased? What happened? I really love the look of those bikes. I really want to ride one too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Why my Benelli is deceased!

:blah: I was riding her on a nice sunny day on 15th October 2006, stopped at a set of lights, they went green and I pulled away, you can guess what happend next!------------------------ Car turns right with no indictaion and I end up over the bars shattering my femur in 26 places at the hip, 2 broken ribs, hematoma of the abdomen, internal brusing, lacerated right arm and general unwellness! I was wearing full leathers with additional back protector, decent boots, gloves & crash helmet.

My beloved Benelli ends up over the top of the bonnet (hood) and falls onto the road suffering damaged to the front end, both sides and sub frame. All this at an estimated (witness's words) of less that 20mph!

I still have a load of metalwork in my leg and I am still in pain but this will not put me off riding my new toy. Compensation permitting I will get another Benelli in the future as they are great.

Keep sunny side up guys & girls!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R1andrew said:
What is the "Lambda sensor " on the mid pipe? I replaced mine with a Ti mid and did not have a sensor in it. Could this only be a Euro thing? Great bike would love to put some carbon on mine.
Yep you are right, it is to do with the euro emmisions crap. The lambda sensor is there to detect unburn fuel in the pipe and adjust the ecu accordingly.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's horrible. Holy cow. I guess it could happen to any of us.

I hope you get another one, it was such a beautiful bike. Those pictures of it were great.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Xbenelli said:
I was wearing full leathers with additional back protector, decent boots, gloves & crash helmet.
is there another kind of helmet? :stickpoke:silly:

i'd love to ride a benelli, they look like fun! i love the fans in the tail as well! nothing else out there like it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts