MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys does anyone have a full carbon body kit on there pre 2010 model F4 or have to talent to photoshop one as I've been thinking about a full kit and wondered what it would look like left in carbon not painted if anyone can help I'd be very gratefully and might save me ordering and not liking look cheers guys

Woodster

·
Super Moderator
21,476 Posts
PM Ade.....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seen his album thanks mate made my mind up and after talking to style guru john jds mind is set on carbon panels but painted leaving sone ascent decal masks showing carbon threw and all smaller bits in carbon I:e heel guards, injector covers, key guard, v piece, exhaust heat shield, hugger, upper and lower sink chain guards, clutch cover, left engine cover, which is on order then next order will be belly pan,side fairings and nose cone and mudguard which i will paint as above and then later I will get air tubes and electrical covers so bike will get total overhaul in next few months

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
I have some pics of mine before I got her painted if you want them. I can post later today when I get home.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Painted carbon works & like you said just leave small areas unpainted so it shows but only if you look closely

Let the quality speak for itself

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I'm not a fan of that vinyl wrap 'carbon look' stuff..It looks a little cheap and tacky to me...plus I'd worry it would peel from various places!
:wtf: You may like it or not, but that's not vinyl wrap "carbon look".
In fact is very high quality true carbon.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My apologies, it certainly looks like vinyl wrap with those uniform lines...Strange that you would want to pay for top quality carbon that looks like cheap vinyl!

Here is a vinyl wrap on a car and a photo of the 'resincarbon' stuff....You have to agree they look very similar!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
It's the other way around, the cheap vinyl tries to mimic the high quality carbon. ;)

And those look as similar as the normal weave cheap vinyl. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My apologies, it certainly looks like vinyl wrap with those uniform lines...Strange that you would want to pay for top quality carbon that looks like cheap vinyl!

Here is a vinyl wrap on a car and a photo of the 'resincarbon' stuff....You have to agree they look very similar!!
So what is wrapped here mate thinking now to wrap tank and match to carbon everything else dam the options

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Aaaahhhhhh I Don't Know What To Doooooooo

Still Think Painted Leaving Some Exposed Is The Way Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh
I have the same dilemma but at least for now i decided to leave it in carbon and just add some subtle hints of red http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44883

I still haven't done anything though, because i'm waiting to have the carbon frontal cutted to mount with the headlight and i'm also waiting for some small carbon bits that are missing.
I know that later on i will probably paint it, but until i find something that really makes my heart tick, i will leave most of the carbon showing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts