MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I figured if I was going to be a speed bump, I might as well add one to my head."

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
50 stitches! Let's hope they just went crazy with the scalpel in order to make sure they got it all. Feel better soon Randy!

PS good captions Carl!

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
WTF? Wha happened? :wtf: :jsm:

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Hello? Randy? Carl? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
I just got off the phone with Jackie...Bub's pretty doped up. I don't think they'll be choppin' off his noggin' though. The little band aid at Bub was the "tell".

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Oh. Just say Juny's post. Oh wow. Randy, be well friend.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Randy, I had basil cell carcinoma on the top of my left ear a couple of years ago. I underestimated the procedure. (Probably a good thing) left work for a couple hours they kept removing cells and testing until they were sure it was all gone. They then reconstructed my ear, boy does it hurt mending cartilage. I had around 20 miniature stitches. I then returned to work with a bandage similar to yours. That's where hair comes in, handy, you can hide it a bit better. When I was able to remove the big bandage I used pink Barbie band aids.:stickpoke I can get some if you like. Anyway all is well and I have had no further issues. Take Care.

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
Randy, I had basil cell carcinoma on the top of my left ear a couple of years ago. I underestimated the procedure. (Probably a good thing) left work for a couple hours they kept removing cells and testing until they were sure it was all gone. They then reconstructed my ear, boy does it hurt mending cartilage. I had around 20 miniature stitches. I then returned to work with a bandage similar to yours. That's where hair comes in, handy, you can hide it a bit better. When I was able to remove the big bandage I used pink Barbie band aids.:stickpoke I can get some if you like. Anyway all is well and I have had no further issues. Take Care.
She lives with me, that's debatable!:smoking:

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
I was wondering what Andrew hid his lizard!

·
Registered
5,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sweet little baby Jesus, is here everyone falling apart.
Man Randy I didn't had any idea.
I hope You get over it soon and recover quickly Bubba.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Ralf....I didn't have any idea as well. I had the surgery planned for after the Bub. It was a tiny little wound that wouldn't heal. One biopsy later, and basal cell confirmed. Still.....no big deal, right?

I got to the doc's office this morning at 6:45AM expecting to be back on the road by 8:30 or so.......nooooooo, four slices later, I've got a hole the size of a quarter in the middle of my head. Yikes. From there, they cut a diamond shaped slice on top and on bottom in order to allow for the skin to be pulled together.

I've now got a 4" zipper with 50 stitches running from my eye brow to the top of my head. I got home around 3:00 this afternoon.

Currently my right eye is swollen shut and totally black. I'll look like I've been in a street fight for several weeks yet, and end up with a permanent scar that may or may not fade later.

This little place on my forehead has been there for months, but I just figured it wouldn't heal because I always wore a ball cap and irritated the wound. Moral to this story: get your self to the dermatologist on a regular basis. Had I dealt with this months ago, it would have been just a little boo boo. Now I look like Quasimodo. :jsm:

I'm still married to the world's best woman, when told of the magnitude of the surgery, immediately commented, "well, that'll just add character...." I love that woman for lying to me in such an eloquent manner. :)

Thanks again for all the warm wishes.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Randy, glad you are doing well.
I had Basil Cell surgery on my face in front of my ear down below the jaw.
All good now 4 years.
And my cancer Dr. is smoking hot to boot!!

Cheers, Ed S :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts