MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't decide whether to put these under Media, General talk or F4, so move it if you wish Alvin.. Any how here's a few pictures of todays outing with my mate Christian on his 955i Triumph.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
odonata said:
nice pictures and nice bikes, is that you in the second picture down, next to your bike?
I say he's the lady in the background of the last picture :naughty:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
admin said:
I say he's the lady in the background of the last picture :naughty:

Nope; that's me with the zimmer frame just walking away in front of the lady. Tried asking her for a date but she was having none of it. :laughing:

Yes, Fazer6. it's a carbon tail, another one of my ebay refugees, made by Casoli and although it looks OK in the pics, frankly the quality is poor close up. I don't think they market them currently and now I know why; but at the price I paid I'm not complaining.

Yes, Ben, that's me in the 2nd photo, I didn't know he was taking the picture, although you can't see them, behind the cafe are a range of cliffs and I thought he was making to take a shot of those.

The place is Whitby BTW, home of Bram Stokers Dracula novels, the other shot is at a country town called Helmsley in the North Yorkshire Moors.

Out again today, certainly doing well here with the current bun so making the most of it whilst I can. More pics tonight hopefully TTFN.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't get any photos whilst out on the ride today (having too much fun!). :naughty: Just short of 300 miles and the weather has been superb. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but in this case the word is BUG! :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
john said:
Didn't get any photos whilst out on the ride today (having too much fun!). :naughty: Just short of 300 miles and the weather has been superb. They say a picture is worth a thousand words but in this case the word is BUG! :laughing:
:eek: :stickpoke

Nice pics John. :smoking:
Enjoy the good weather while it lasts....

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
odonata said:
yummm... :barfalot: :barfalot: doesn't that smell?!

time to get a big case of tear-offs for your shield...

That's another nice thing about California, there aren't too many bugs here.

They don't smell as such Ben, in any case I clean the visor after every ride. Some of the service stations have cloths and a water bucket so you can clean your visor whilst refuelling, the problem here is that it's Springtime and all the bugs are hatching out, so in May there's loads of them on the wing. Later in the Summer it won't be as bad, but it's a constant problem until late September when it starts to get cold again. :bawling: :bawling: Out again today, that's about 700 miles for the week, lowered the tyre pressures a bit and the bike is really humming now! :smoking: I went to the dealers today and enquired about a 1000R they will retail here for £14,500 which is only £300 more than a 1000S, but on reflection I don't need one and although they are great bikes, I've decided to stick with my 1000S - for now.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Nice pictures John, glad you are enjoying the weather... finally! :king:
Is your friend wearing an MV suit??? ... Can't quite tell?
Looks like you are on a bug control mission!
You should have posted your helmet picture in the helmet thread! :later:
You can title the helmet picture:

MV...it kills bugs fast!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kamranmarashi said:
Is your friend wearing an MV suit??? ... Can't quite tell?

No Kamran, It's not MV, can't remember exactly what make it is actually.

Just a footnote to the excellent weather we've had over the past week, as we were coming home on Friday, we parted company about 20 miles from home as dark clouds were gathering. I got home OK and just got the bike in the garage before we had a short but heavy thunderstorm. Chris rang me later to say he got caught out in it and got soaked to the skin. 'Look on the bright side' I said to him, 'At least you won't have to wash the bugs off today!' :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
878 Posts
john said:
Just a footnote to the excellent weather we've had over the past week:
It's funny how those of us in the rainy regions are having such great weather...I'm on my way out for a long ride right now... :drummer: :later:
All this waiting over the winter is now being paid off!!! :king:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kamranmarashi said:
It's funny how those of us in the rainy regions are having such great weather...I'm on my way out for a long ride right now... :drummer: :later:
All this waiting over the winter is now being paid off!!! :king:

Hope you've packed the camera mate!

·
Registered
878 Posts
john said:
Hope you've packed the camera mate!
Not exactly what you had in mind (??? :rolleyes: ) but here are a couple, on my way back into town...I think I did around 300 miles of country side twisties (didn't stop to take pictures...stopping would mean rpm would come down! :devilsmok :conveyer: ). Factory warranty is about to run out on my Duc with over 10,000 miles on it. So I'm riding the Duc while the warranty is still in effect for the remaining few days! :later:

Attachments

·
2,156 Posts
J,
nice pics but the seat :shocker: couldnt live with that maybe some carbon on the front or under the fairing might work with it ................ :eek:

·
Registered
237 Posts
john said:
Yikes!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts