MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After leaving my 2004 750 with my dealer the week before :bawling: , I picked up my new 2006 910 this past weekend. :king:

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
CB,

You picked that up from Corse I'm assuming. I hope that they were good to you. Congrats on the new ride! You, me, and Gladio will have to go for some rides this spring and summer. So what are your impressions from the 910 compared to the 750? Obviously I know that it's not broken in yet, but did you have any quick impressions/observations? Get some more photos up for us!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Congratulations !!

Enjoy it and ride safe !!

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
CB910 said:
After leaving my 2004 750 with my dealer the week before :bawling: , I picked up my new 2006 910 this past weekend. :king:
Congrats! Registry submission :stickpoke

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MV,
No, I bought it at MCC in Chicago (Villa Park), where I bought my 750. I will however be taking it to Corse for a visit with Travis. MCC doesn't have a dyno and I need my comp headers & PC III installed.

I just went through the 300 mile mark on Sunday, but I haven't pushed it past 6K rpm yet. That said- there is no comparison. The stock 910 behaves like a well engineered and executed 900-1000cc sportbike from the moment you twist the right grip. The stock 750 has poor fueling down low and needs something like a PC III and a mid-pipe to fix it's ills.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
FYI, I thought you might be interested... these 2 links has been posted here before:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/NewBike.html#BreakIn

As for breaking in new engines, I totally agree with the methods of mototuneusa above and this one also: http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/NewBike.html#BreakIn

As a dyno owner, I have seen the results of how engines perform with different types of break in methods.

The guys who baby their engines have lower power output and use some oil. The guys who get on the engine from day one have very strong engines.

Just yesterday I broke in (on the dyno) a brand new BMW K1200R for a guy who will be racing this bike . I used Mototunes method and he is very happy so far with the results.

Controversial subject for sure, but I see this stuff everyday.

John
This is the link for the thread above:http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=667&page=3&pp=10

Read the whole thread it if you wish, you might find it helpful.

Good luck!

·
Registered
456 Posts
CB,

Thanks for the comparison. Just realized that you posted on the Brutale forum. You will like Corse. Great dealership. Top notch people there. That's the reason I didn't pull the trigger on the Brutale when it first came out. I read a report that said you really needed to crank the throttle at all times. That is wasn't great for the street due to lack of torque down low. So I purchased a Speed Triple. Loved the Triple, it was great to me, but still loved the styling of the Brutale. When the 910 came out I smiled.........when the news of the 910R came out the Speed Triple went up for sale :) I'm just looking forward to driving a Brutale. Haven't even driven one yet. Sold the Triple without even riding on a Brutale. I know that I will have made a wise choice. Post some photos and keep us posted on your riding experience.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No special discounts... just a state statute that dictates the purchase of motorcycles and boats. Something complex in the tax code. I don't understand it- my wife had to explain it to me. It was originally designed to help Harley Davidson and Mercury Marine. :laughing:

MV, I rode a current Speed Triple at MCC last fall. Very nice- lots of torque and very cool looking. I think when you get your Brutale you're gonna freak the first time you stick it into a set of sweepers or tight switch backs. The bike inspires soooo much confidence and just seems to demand you to enjoy yourself with more enthusiasm than most bikes. And your going to have to get used to walking around with a big shit eating grin.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Triple Seven said:
lots of Wisconsin people. do you guys get a discount or something? :)
Im in Florida, but I bought both my B750 and 910 Gladio at Corse In WI. They have the best prices anywhere. Even with shipping I saved big money on my 750 (leftover 04 model)! With my 910 Gladio, all the other dealers said "we cant get you one" or they just didnt want to bother! I called Corse and they had one in 5 days! And this was last September! The only issue is I have to take it locally for service, but it was still worth it for me! :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
CB,

Never had the opportunity to test ride a new Speed Triple. Mine I bought new in 02. Really liked the new Triple's look but nothing compared to the Brutale. Like I said, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Brutale "feels" when riding and of course the grin :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts