MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone - so I've had a deposit on a new silver and red 910 for over a month now and will be actually picking the bike up this morning. Needless to say I'm very excited!

I have been a Ducati owner for the last 10 years and actually went into the Scottsdale, Arizona dealer to purchase an S4RS Monster when I saw the Brutale - I have always been a big fan of MV and thought the Brutale was the best looking bike ever, but never thought of my self owning a 4 piston bike.

The dealer happened to have demo bike for both the S4RS and the Brutale and after a short 20 minute ride on both, I was hands down sold on the Brutale. I was truly not impressed with S4RS for a lot of reasons, so I'm really glad I had the chance to rode both.

The dealer had a silver and red 910 due to arrive at the shop in a week so I put the deposit down and now today is the bike day. The shop opens in about 45 minutes so I thought I would kill some time and post a note to everyone. I have been listening to the forum now for a month and you guys/gals are great!

So I have to leave now and go pick up my new wonderful machine - any words of advice, things I should or shouldn't do, things to check? Suggested first mods - I'm thinking a mid-pipe at the first 6oo mile service and getting a rear hugger from eMoto as soon as possible.

I hope to post some photos soon! Wish me luck!
Kind Regards,
Duane

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good Luck with the new bike. They really are special machines. For a first mod, I think the rear hugger or sliders are good way to start. Congratulations!

On another note, when you get a chance, could you do a more detailed write-up as to the specific reasons you liked the Brutale more. Just curious....

Have fun out there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be happy to write up a detailed comparo between the S4RS and the 910 Brutale - maybe I can do that tonight when my wife finally tells me to come in from the garage!
Regards,
DG

·
Registered
503 Posts
Congratulations! Great bike and you're buying it from a great dealer as well. They'll treat you right and your love affair with MV begins.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congratulations and good luck with the new bike.I'll be putting my own order to emoto very shortly the hugger is on the top of the list.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I also went to a dealer to look at Ducati. I ran into fazer6 outside the dealership and he directed me to Euro Motorsports in Scottsdale where I saw the Brutale. A few days later I returned and Josh let me take a test ride. :) That was it, I had to have one; the Ducati was forgotten. :love:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
First mods? Midpipe, PC3 and Dyno time. The go aesthetic with a plate relocator and hugger...unless your sickness of upgradeitis kicks in... Then do some free mods like snorkel removal and and throttle return spring and be on your way. It's not like the bike will be 'incomplete feeling' without those...but it will only further your experiance.

Otherwise just ride safe and have a ton of fun! Good choice. The S4Rs looks like it has a hardware store attached to the underside of it....not pretty looking at all...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats... went through the same experience a couple weeks ago picking up my new Brutale 910S. Since you're in AZ you can ride it.... my Brutale is sitting in my garage for the next 2 months. Ack!

·
Registered
243 Posts
New Brutale

You know, I did the same thing, Went to Chicago to put money down on a new S4RS or 1098, took a test ride on the Brutale on a whim and came away ready to buy it. :moped:

But now, having been a Ducati guy for all my adult life I'm leaning again towards the Duc simply because I keep hearing rumors that MV may not be stable financially and may end up closing their doors. I've been told by Cagiva N.A. and by several dealers that they will not bring the 910 into the US except in R formulation this year and I really do want that Euro orange. This is to Cagiva/Agusta for not bringing it in:2up:

Last thing I need to do is get stuck with another Henderson :banghead: but to be fair I'm driving five hours next week to Milwaukee to Corse to make the final decision on the S4RS or the Brutale. The Chitown dealer, while customer friendly may not be the best fit for me. :piss:

And I really fell in love with the Brutale and wish you many happy hours of riding yours. Who knows, one more ride on it and I may risk having to buy one. :highclap:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Congratulations on a great decision. I'm sure you will be please with it. I ordered a rear hugger from Emoto, and while the forgot to include the parts to attach it, they have been very responsive. They even gave me a break on the tool to remove the rear wheel, (which I need to do with the hugger I ordered). I'm in CT so I can't ride it anyway.

Good luck and post some pics and riding impressions.

CAG

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
HHHHMMMMM I haven't heard any rumours of MV in trouble. I wouldn't let that make your decision. I had Monster 900, I loved it and modded it with everything I could think of. When I got my Brutale, I was simply blown away by it. It was everything my Monster was and much much more. Any way, either choice you will be fine, I don't think MV or Ducati are going anywhere but up.

·
Registered
503 Posts
MVASyd said:
HHHHMMMMM I haven't heard any rumours of MV in trouble. I wouldn't let that make your decision. I had Monster 900, I loved it and modded it with everything I could think of. When I got my Brutale, I was simply blown away by it. It was everything my Monster was and much much more. Any way, either choice you will be fine, I don't think MV or Ducati are going anywhere but up.
+1. They're on the move...upwards.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey GasCitySmitty - do what your heart tells you to do, buy the bike you like best. I rode the S4RS and the Brutale and I made decision, the Brutale was the best bike for me.

All I can say is live life for the moment and try not to worry about things you don't have control. I don't have any control over Ducati or MV's financial condition (I don't think they have any problems, but who really knows for sure). What I do know and what I have control over is the bike I ride today. The Brutale makes me happy and that's what counts right now.

I wish you all the best in your decision - ride what makes you happy and be safe!

·
Registered
685 Posts
if u just spend a day on the s4rs, then the 910 will be the natural choice, but if u rack up a hundred miles or spend a few days on it, i think the duc will turn out to be a very enjoyable ride. i post my impressions of both a month ago, the 2 is actually very different and i really prefer riding the duc but i end up buying the 910 because it makes the duc look like sh!t. But with about $4k worth of mods on the s4rs, it will be a beautiful bike making all the right sounds. I really love the duc because it really makes u want to take care of it because everything looks like crap and makes u want to give it more attention. hope im making sense here.
But everytime i stop and look at 910, i know i made the right decisions. Plus i got friends with s4rs that i can ride just about anytime.

DGINAZ said:
Hello Everyone - so I've had a deposit on a new silver and red 910 for over a month now and will be actually picking the bike up this morning. Needless to say I'm very excited! I have been a Ducati owner for the last 10 years and actually went into the Scottsdale, Arizona dealer to purchase an S4RS Monster ....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Good luck on the bike. I know what you mean about the S4RS. The difference between an inline 4 and a twin are personal preference, I think, but when you look at the two bikes, the difference is huge. When you ride the MV, it is a whole different world. Be safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts