MV Agusta Forum banner

Picking up a new 910 tonight!!!

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  spalding12 
#1 ·
Sold my 2001 R1 and picking up a brand new Brutale 910 tonight!!!

#14 · (Edited)
Here are my first impressions:

Handlebar Vibrations -
You guys have to be kidding me! My 2001 R1 had twice as much vibration than the Brutale. Not bad at all.

Mirrors -
Hmmm...I kind of undertand what I've been reading here now. They look very nice but aren't that functional. I have to bend my head down and turn my body a little to get a peep out of them. Visiblity is quite bad directly behind and vibration is really bad at Highway speeds. I probably couldn't see a COP comming up behind me with theses.

Suspension -
This thing is STIFF!!! My R1 by comparision feels like a boat compared to it. Granted I haven't touch the factory setting yet but It's hands down the stiffest bike I've ever owned (R1, CBR, ZX7, and GSXR).

Seating Position -
Wow, this bike feels like it was made for me. Being 5'6" every other bike I've owned always felt "big". Much more comfortable than the Jap Sportbikes I've been riding for 10 years. This was one of the primary reasons why I decided on the Brutale and I happy I did. Makes commuting very enjoyable.

Seat -
While comfortable in shape the cushion is very frim. Feels much like the old FZR400 or 2-stroke 250's out of Japan. Does it get any better over time? Maybe my butt has to get used to it. My old R1 by comparision was like a couch.

2up -
Haven't tried it yet, but me and the wife did a test fit in the garage and it felt VERY GOOD. My old R1 sucked for 2up, there was a 1-foot gap between the driver and passenger and the passenger seat was very high above the driver.

Power -
Can't say yet due to still being in the break-in period (I don't want to here it!). Seems pretty strong, I doubt it will be faster than the R1 though but that's not what I'm looking for anymore. Off the line power is very good, but like many have commented the throttle is a bit touchy.

Controls -
Pegs are very slippery, maybe I'm just used to my aftermarket pegs I had on my R1 which offered alot of grip. I'll have to see what the aftermarket has to cure this issue. I probably won't go full Rearsets just replacement pegs. Brake and cluch levers are the best I've used, very comfortable and adjustable. Two small dis-likes, the idiot light to tell me the low beams are on (*I might disable this feature) and the 24-hour clock (*I'm not in the military).

Generally I couldn't be happier with my purchase as I probably can find fault in any bike on the market. The Brutale is just what I was looking for to transition myself away from the Sportbike class and into the streetbike class without losing any of the suspension and power I been a custom to.

#15 ·
nice write-up
sounds just like the way i feel (and most others)

about those pegs
they are the smallest on any bike currently made, i'm pretty sure
almost comical, to tell you the truth

i would be interested in aftermarket ones as well

#17 ·
Thanks all for the positive comments. Nice gang here.

So for I:

- Removed relector stickers
- Installed Motovation fork and frame sliders
- Shortened Front Turn signals
- Trimmed off rear License Plate bracket to remove reflector and excess material.

#19 ·
dumbcomputers said:
Update:

Muffler melts Passenger shoes...
notes to self:

1. don't take passengers on 910R... this bike is made for 1

2. buy NON-melting shoes for pillion who just MUST ride this italian racer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.