MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself as a soon to be MV owner. :cool:
Cash flow has been approved, and next weekend I should be flying down to LA to pick up da new Brutale, spending the day hanging out (hopefully checking out some SoCal twisties :naughty: ), then hauling back up route 1 to SF. Figure there are worse ways to break in a new bike then a couple hundred miles of Cali coastline. :D

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
So I'll assume your getting it from Pro Italia? Best of luck and have a safe trip!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
A week?? That's a walk in the park!
Remember us first guys waiting months with no word......sorta like the exhaust fiasco!

You'll be fine and enjoy when you get it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spalding12 said:
please post pictures....
and a detailed riding impression when you get the bike
we still love reading those things
i wish you the very best of luck with a wonderful machine
I'm planning on turning this into a mini Vacation, so there will be plenty of pictures and I'm hoping to do a decent write up about the experience. Should be interesting to see how well I fare taking the Brutale 450-600 miles in the first weekend of ownership. :D

Since I've only recently moved out to California after 25 years of living in MA, having the chance to get my hands on such an amazing bike and then cruise it up the coast is just mind boggling. :moped:

Drew said:
So I'll assume your getting it from Pro Italia? Best of luck and have a safe trip!
Yes sir, they've been treating me very well, despite being 400 miles away. :smoking:

Side question for those of you in the LA area;
Know of any good way to get from the Burbank airport to Pro Italia? Bus, cab, brisk jog?
:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
airfuel said:
A week?? That's a walk in the park!
Remember us first guys waiting months with no word......sorta like the exhaust fiasco!

You'll be fine and enjoy when you get it!
After reading what you guys had to go through I figured it was best not to complain too much about the wait. :angel:
I'll just be here twiddling my thumbs and staring at pictures for the next week or so. :ahhh:

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
If you are going to have your first service done
at Munroe Motors, you better call now because
they usually are several weeks out to get your
bike in
just a friendly reminder!
happy riding and hope to see it soon :yo: :hitit:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congratulations and I hope you have a great ride home. My bike (910R) is waiting for me to pick it up on December the 9th, I wil be doing a fair bit of riding down south (Western Australia) so I can't wait.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Darkside said:
If you are going to have your first service done
at Munroe Motors, you better call now because
they usually are several weeks out to get your
bike in
just a friendly reminder!
happy riding and hope to see it soon :yo: :hitit:
Thanks for the advice! Tend to do the first service myself (by the book and with OEM parts to cover my butt) though. Never quite feel like I own a bike till I've had it apart and get to feel for how she ticks. :love:
This should be a bit more fun then my air cooled Duc though. :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Happy riding, wishing you a safe break-in ride. PCH should be a nice way to break in, plenty of variety. My biggest adjustment to riding the 910R is finding that neutral throttle setting mid-corner...you know, not to much but not off throttle either. It takes a bit of finesse. It's really easy to be too abrupt with the throttle, feeding it just right is immensely rewarding though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aside from the short demo on a Brutale 750, all I've ever ridden is v-twins, so this entire bike is going to require a whole new learning process.
I'm fine with that, just have to spend lots and lots of time riding and practicing. :yo:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts