MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got approved for the financing on a 2005 F41000.
I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to pick one out. I have 2 questions though:
1) Which is faster, Blue or Red?
and
2) I need to decide on 1+1 or no pillion. It will be RARE that I have my wife on the back, but for those rare instances, is it possible to just bolt on some rear pegs and slap some foam on back?

anything else come to mind before I go pick it up?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Welcome and congrats!!! :guitarist

If there's a chance that you may take a passanger from time to time, i'd say get the biposto (1+1 for James C :king: ). The passenger seat on the 1+1 is so well done and so well integrated, that it doesn't ruin the tail looks. (IMO)

As for the color........ RED is way faster than blue :king:

Don't forget to take some pics to post here. :smoking:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would go with the biposto, like MV-999R said the tail still looks good. When the wife isn't riding with you, you can just take of the passenger pegs.

For color, I like blue, but red does look faster!!! Either way, the cops don't care.

Watch out for admin, he's going to get the :stickpoke out.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Who, me? Welcome to mvagusta.net :)

<pss when you receive it be sure to register yourself into the registry and upload pictures into it for us all to see :stickpoke >

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Red, Red, Red!, Blue looks nice but trad Red/Silver - it's what MV Agusta is all about. :smoking: Welcome cryptyk :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bugger that getting a pick thats red or blue. See if you can acquire one of the MV 1000 Nero's coming out. Same price, all black. :flickoff:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Get the 1+1 and then source a single tail unit (like I did) from ebay. I now have the best of both worlds. I much prefer the lines of the bike with a single seat unit on the rear. Still have the 1+1 for the very odd occassion I want to take the missus. Got it off of ebay for £330 complete with suede seat and all fittings.....

Oh and get the red and silver.....pure class.

·
2,156 Posts
Hey Quickpick,
welcome and unfortunately there is only one color (im with John here) the red and silver :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: faster also by approx 5/ 10klm hr :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: plus a single seat gives an extra 5 klm hr also :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
but seriously it is what ever takes your fancy, post some pics ................
:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Welcome cryptyk :) ...Congrats and I also vote for the red 1+1 and then get a single tail for it...though the original 1+1 looks okay too...just whip off those rear pegs and your away.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Leave for a while

I'm going to have to stop visiting this site for a while as it's another week and a half before i pick up my MV and the wait is p***ing me off. Be back in after the 13th may.
You lucky toads.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bugger the colour - the only time YOU notice it is when you go out to the garage at night to look at your beautiful machine :king: :king: :king: :king:

and if anyone else can notice the F**king colour, you are going WAY TOO SLOW my son.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

And, if you are thinking about getting a "biposto" 1+1, as Governor Arnie says, DON"t BE A GIRLIE MAN......... :drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

Doc

:smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked it out!

Ok, so I picked out the Red/Silver single seat. I figure if the girl wants a ride, I can rent a Harley for the weekend.

The bike is being prepped now, and will be ready Friday for pickup! I'm completely stoked. Reading through the owner's manual is just making it worse.

And, FWIW, the guys at GP Motorcycles of San Diego are really cool and easy to work with.

-c

·
2,156 Posts
C,
congrats, dont forget to post some pics ! BTW, do you know what brand the tyres are?
cheers
:eek:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will definitaly post pics this weekend. I don't know what rubber is on it. What different tires does it come with?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts