MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove down to Matison's in Raleigh, N.C. and picked up the orange Brut last week. Took the wife with me and spent New Year's in Ashville, touring the Biltmore Estate.

For some reason, the '08 seems to run better and has a deeper sound than my '06....and I'm wondering if it isn't just my imagination.

Oh, and I will be selling my Corse Exhaust complete with EProm.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
I like that Orange Brutale....keep the Corse pipes...get that new fully accessible ECU just available and let her rip.

How did you and your bride enjoy the Biltmore Estates? Happy new Year and congrats on the gorgeous new bike.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

You should probably update your entry in the registry, especially the part about never buying another Brutale :laughing:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Esq'z...The Biltmore is the shiznits! Oppulance out the

wazoo, excess that would make the Taliban hate us even more.:naughty:

I can't imagine 40 full-time servants attending to your every need, but hey....I'd be willing to try living like that for awhile. :mouthwate

And those roads leading to the house and barns....ideal for a Sunday ride on the Ducati or Brut.

Email me more info on the new ECU.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. The orange is beautiful, and rare in the states (only 25-30 I read). Post some pics of your "bad girl"...

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
wazoo, excess that would make the Taliban hate us even more.:naughty:

I can't imagine 40 full-time servants attending to your every need, but hey....I'd be willing to try living like that for awhile. :mouthwate

And those roads leading to the house and barns....ideal for a Sunday ride on the Ducati or Brut.

Email me more info on the new ECU.
8 mile trip around the grounds at Biltmore!!! They would go on fox hunts and be gone for 2 weeks!!!! and still be on the property!! That place is really nice, I couldn't imagine it back then.... even the horse stables were immaculate!!! Very nice place, a must see :drummer:

That house is freaking huge!! and I couldn't even think of how much the rugs would cost, the library with the mural on the ceiling!!!! and the books.... that place has a lot of money in funiture and such. Too bad they won't let camera's in

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Smitty, you should consider keeping the off road exhaust. At least try it on the bike before you sell it.

As my friend from the Bronx says " I wouldna did that if I wuz you."

CAG

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jester, 165,000 acres of land so one could probably

8 mile trip around the grounds at Biltmore!!! They would go on fox hunts and be gone for 2 weeks!!!! and still be on the property!! That place is really nice, I couldn't imagine it back then.... even the horse stables were immaculate!!! Very nice place, a must see :drummer:

That house is freaking huge!! and I couldn't even think of how much the rugs would cost, the library with the mural on the ceiling!!!! and the books.... that place has a lot of money in funiture and such. Too bad they won't let camera's in
get lost and not find home for a year.:)

Another neat fact is all the limestone came from here in Indiana and the quarry that produced it is still in operation. And there's a lot of limestone in that house and other buildings.

Shipped by rail to Ashville and delievered to the job site on a special trunk line Biltmore had built just for that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may look into the unit Esq'z was talking about....

Smitty, you should consider keeping the off road exhaust. At least try it on the bike before you sell it.

As my friend from the Bronx says " I wouldna did that if I wuz you."

CAG
But damn...$1200 for it.

Oh well, I'm getting ready to clean the garage attic out and toss a bunch of MC parts on Ebay along with listing about 2000 old motorcycle mags that are taking up way too much space.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Hey Smitty....that ECU is from an Australian company. With the exchange rate going in our favor it may not be so much after all. You might go to them direct instead of the US dealer in Sacramento CA. Check here:

http://www.microtech-efi.com/support.html

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ed, thanks for the link. I emailed them asking about pricing in US Dollars.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
The Biltmore is only 3-4 hours from ATL. Not too far for next fall's get together.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Certainly would be a "nice" ride...and Deal's Gap is only an hour or so away from there.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
idea's abound!!!
How are the cops around Deals Gap these days ??? Locals???

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jester....cops on Deal's Gap? Man it's winter and they're all at the

idea's abound!!!
How are the cops around Deals Gap these days ??? Locals???
DONUT SHOP getting fatter for spring.:mouthwate

Just like the black bears that abound in that area, most Tennessee cops have to store up a bunch during their short hibernation.:naughty:

And some are brushing up on spelling lessons...you know, so they can print their names on the tickets they write.:loser:

This one's for all the Tennessee cops :moon:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
This one's for all the Tennessee cops :moon:
Smitty: Just remember one thing....that dumb ass Tennessee cop is likely married to the prettiest woman you've ever seen. East Tennessee women are fantastic.

You just don't know how to speak Bubba. The minute a Tennessee sheriff looks at your license tag, he snickers to himself. "Hey Leroy, I got me another Yankee!"

You gotta know how to talk a little Southern. Let's start with, "Howzyurmommeranem?" Huh, you say? In Midwestern parlance you might say, "How are your mother and the others doing?" You take eight whole words to ask the question, we take one....:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts