MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! So the wait is finally over!! And it was worth every grand, lol. I walked in, and it was nice to see the "sold" sign sitting on my seat hehe. I was soooooo excited and shocked at the same time that it was happening. I was informed that the quickshifter was already installed in my bike, so that's why they bumped up the price too. The sound reminds me of a mini rocket ship and rides perfectly. No stalling. The salesman did tell me there was a coolant leakage when they were prepping the bike, but supposedly was fixed by service. After a ride, there was a strong odor and made me think that it wasn't thoroughly fixed...but I'll see what I'm going to do about it. The machine does get hot super fast, so maybe that too had some effect on it. I can't wait to alter some mods and I will for sure post tons of good quality pix for you guys to see! Thank you for reading!!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hot Hot Hot

Welcome to the forum/family - that is sooooooooooooo sexy! Damn, If I wasn't such a red/silverphile I would have gone with the white, it is seriously hot.

Congratulations - you are going to love it - hopefully you've got great back up & service & it'll be a pleasure. As you work some miles on it - it will (hard to believe I know) sound even better still. I can't wait to lose my cat & few other things, I reckon, it'll bring the house down :yo:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MVista! You know, I forgot to mention, the sound disturbs me when it has this rattling sound!! Is something loose or what?! But that sound better go away within time..I hope =[

Thank you so much!!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
MVista! You know, I forgot to mention, the sound disturbs me when it has this rattling sound!! Is something loose or what?! But that sound better go away within time..I hope =[

Thank you so much!!
You're welcome :)

What rattling sound???????? It shouldn't have ANY rattling sounds - what kind of bikes did you ride before? I am curious and I ask because the triple has sound as you accelerate that is akin to a 'rattle' a very distinct sound, it's obviously not a rattle but very different to say a Japanese 4 or a twin.

Also if you labour (accelerate from too low a speed in too high a gear) the motor can have what can be described as a 'rattle' sound to it. When do you hear this sound & when does it go away or it is constant?

But if in doubt show it to your service guys, that's their job, they should be only too happy to help you to get accustomed to and attain maximum the enjoyment from you new bike.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're welcome :)

What rattling sound???????? It shouldn't have ANY rattling sounds - what kind of bikes did you ride before? I am curious and I ask because the triple has sound as you accelerate that is akin to a 'rattle' a very distinct sound, it's obviously not a rattle but very different to say a Japanese 4 or a twin.

Also if you labour (accelerate from too low a speed in too high a gear) the motor can have what can be described as a 'rattle' sound to it. When do you hear this sound & when does it go away or it is constant?

But if in doubt show it to your service guys, that's their job, they should be only too happy to help you to get accustomed to and attain maximum the enjoyment from you new bike.

Cheers
Rob

Rob I hear this sound everytime it's turned on, and you know what when the salesman turned it on in front of me, I heard it rattle and I was soooooo weirded out by it, I let it go thinking maybe....God knows what..it's new? My mistake in not asking right then and there why the heck it sounds like theres rocks in there. I hear it when it's in neutral...or coming to a stop...something jus seems to be..jingling...I dono from where...I really wish it sound more clean like the F4..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
By the way, I'm a fresh beginner...I took a Harley Davidson riding course...and now I was practicing time to time on a gixxer600 ...the F3 is my first bike to own and really jus start with, and believe me, I understand what could possibly be going through your head lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats! Very nice looking bike. A number of us are experiencing the strange smell. Mine still has it after a 1000 miles, but it is much, much less than when I first got it. I was told it is some stuff they put on the headers. Enjoy your new ride. Yes, the quick shifter is fun and addicting...

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
By the way, I'm a fresh beginner...I took a Harley Davidson riding course...and now I was practicing time to time on a gixxer600 ...the F3 is my first bike to own and really jus start with, and believe me, I understand what could possibly be going through your head lol
Rob I hear this sound everytime it's turned on, and you know what when the salesman turned it on in front of me, I heard it rattle and I was soooooo weirded out by it, I let it go thinking maybe....God knows what..it's new? My mistake in not asking right then and there why the heck it sounds like theres rocks in there. I hear it when it's in neutral...or coming to a stop...something jus seems to be..jingling...I dono from where...I really wish it sound more clean like the F4..
Ok first of all it's never going to sound like an F4 because it is a 3 cylinder :)

Secondly, your first bike? That is just too cool!!!!!!!!!! Take your time to ease into it learn the bike etc etc.

Ok that noise you are talking about - I want you to start the bike up in
neutral & listen to it - then pull the clutch in & listen does that 'rattle'
disappear?

The F3 clutch is a little noisy not to the extent of say a Ducati dry clutch
but nonetheless a little noisy and is audible.

Let me know how you get on with that :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
F3 Sound

Thank you so much!!
Hey,

I have the exact same F3. The F3 is a triple, so it will not sound like the "bucket of bolts" rattling of a v-twin Ducati 1198 and it will not sound like the inline MV F4 1000. Triples have a very cool, very distinct sound. Without coming across too biased, in my view the F3 has the most awesome sound. Maybe not as awesome as say a Panigale or 1198R, but for such a small bike - its incredible!

You picked a phenomenal first bike! For many of us, this is the final sports bike destination! Congratulations on such a fantastic entry into an awesome sport!

If your previous experience is with 600cc sportbikes, go easy....2nd gear on the F3 is very close if not equal to the power of my 2009 R6 in 1st! That's just nuts!

I did a whole write up on my F3 on the thread 1st Canadian Owners if you want more detail. All the best

·
Registered
570 Posts
congrats and welcome to the family! The smell is let's just say its the new burning off. I have 400 miles on mine(just picked it up 2 days ago) and there is still a small hint of it. Almost gone tho. MVista is correct the rough noise you are hearing is the clutch. The only way to get over that is to flip the script. Lol. Try to enjoy the sound. That angry lil clutch is bad ass. Even sounds bad ass type of outlook and mind set will help. Oh yeah....hellz yeahz for your purchase of an all new MV AGUSTA for your 1st owned bike.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
congrats and welcome to the family! The smell is let's just say its the new burning off. I have 400 miles on mine(just picked it up 2 days ago) and there is still a small hint of it. Almost gone tho. MVista is correct the rough noise you are hearing is the clutch. The only way to get over that is to flip the script. Lol. Try to enjoy the sound. That angry lil clutch is bad ass. Even sounds bad ass type of outlook and mind set will help. Oh yeah....hellz yeahz for your purchase of an all new MV AGUSTA for your 1st owned bike.
DUDE!!! You got it???????????? How did I miss that? I don't want to derail this thread BUT HUGE CONGRATS - gotta hear your thoughts, do you have thread going?

400miles in 2 days??? - You da man - lol BUT no surprise there. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts