MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, as some of you may remeber, i was looking at a mv f4 1000 that was listed on ebay a few weeks back. the listing was odd in that the bike had only 106 miles on it. since it was located in san diego, i had a chance to check it out in person.

well, it was a legit deal. the bike really had only 106 miles on it. i even sent an email to cagiva-usa with the vin and they confirmed the purchase date, dealer (gp motors), and warranty coverage.

only one problem - the ebay listing showed the bike was a 2004, but cagiva told me it was a 2005!

well, a quick look at the title and yeah, it's a 2005. the ebay listing was incorrect.

so, now it's mine.

brought it home last night. wow. what a machine. if my r6 had feelings, it would be of deep envy, and jelousy.

it really needs some miles on it. the tranny is rough. kinda cluncky and notchy. but i'm sure after i get 600 miles on it, that it will be fine.

i don't have a lot of mods i plan to do, but i will be installing a phantom tracker. it's like a lojack system, but better. here's the web site with some more info on it: www.phantomtracking.com

i'm really looking forward to riding this absolutely stunning machine.

alex
05 f4 1k 1+1

PS - to the admin - YES, I WILL PUT THIS BIKE IN THE REGISTRY!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Oh well done....Im excited for you!!

Lets have some more detail on your thoughts on that gearbox?

Mine was as smooth as silk from day one, sure it gets smoother with Kms....

·
Registered
756 Posts
Congrats...I was tracking that bike on ebay. I was surprised to see the first auction fail. It seemed like a great deal...and the seller appeared credible. I think the dealers will only provide a minor discount on new so nearly new is the way to go...and 106 miles is as good as it gets. :)

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I can relate to your gearbox issues, the first time i took mine out after i bought it it was a little jerky, but came to realize later that it was just me!! Riding an MV isn't like riding any kind of Jap bike!! Enjoy yourself on that beautiful bike and welcome to the ownership club!! :toothless

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats, and keep in mind you're comparing this tranny to your R6's -- that's a no no.

By the way there's limited space on these bikes for a tracking system. I know, I have one as well. Call around to a couple dealers that have experience installing on an MV before going, otherwise your bike could end up there all day. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so, how do you guys shift?

i like to go clutchless on upshifts, and i just tap the lever (quick pull) for downshifts.

maybe i'm doing something the mv doesn't like...

as for the tracker, the guys from phantom are going to do the actual install. they are located in glendale, ca and will come down to irvine to put the system on the mv. i'll let the board know how it goes.

alex
05 mv f4 1k
03 r6

·
Registered
593 Posts
altoon said:
so, how do you guys shift?

i like to go clutchless on upshifts, and i just tap the lever (quick pull) for downshifts.

maybe i'm doing something the mv doesn't like...

as for the tracker, the guys from phantom are going to do the actual install. they are located in glendale, ca and will come down to irvine to put the system on the mv. i'll let the board know how it goes.

alex
05 mv f4 1k
03 r6
pull the clutch man! :) my 1000 shifted seamlessly....... :guitarist

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congrats!!! Yes I just picked mine up 10 days ago so sweet! My tranny was very smooth except it takes a very positive shift from 2nd to 3rd. Otherwise fine, figure I need to put some miles on her first and see how it shifts with 600 or so miles... :king:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts