MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first MV last week saturday. A white 990r..... ;) came of a Duc Monster S2r and what a difference, but not only in performance, also ease of riding, handling and stopping power....

It was a long very cold ride back from the seller, picked it up from a dealer in Germany (Im from the Netherlands) but it was all worth it.

Next year I will put it on Dutch plates, have driven it on temporarily German plates more then 1000kms since last saturday, the return drive was already 600+km.

I noticed 2 things during the drive and that is that I have this problem with the engine cutting out under braking to a corner, so have to sort this out asap and there is some buzzing noice coming from the mirrors due to vibration.... other then that :D

Now it will be a long wait to have it put on Dutch plates next year, and of course the coming winter... I hope it will be bad weather soon :p

Regards,
Rogier

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congrats !!!! Welcome to the club :yo:

·
Registered
35 Posts
congrats on the 990 i have a white one also.

On the cutting off in a corner issue i believe it is an ECU issue some have gotten their ECU replaced an it fixed the issue. I put on a full exhaust with a race ecu and it fixes my issue with it cutting out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you thank you.

I will be sending her out for service in the next month or so, they can look directly at this issue. I have also heard about resetting the TPS sensor, think they will try this at first...

cat wait for the fall and winter season being over....:brutale:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tps adjustment did nothing to help the cutting out problem i had. Mv know of the problem & replaced my ecu under warranty but it took two weeks to arrive. Blipping the throttle before down changing stopped it happening in the meantime.
Andy

·
Registered
456 Posts
i noticed that my 1090 only cuts out during the first few minutes of the bike being on, its like you let it warm up and then when you chop the throttle and pull in the clutch the bike sort of let's the rpm bounce below 1k rpm and it stalls out, but after riding for 10 minutes or so the bike is fine and won't do it even when trying to, it only does it when just starting up.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Very pretty machine and also nice color. Congratulations on the purchase!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good choice of bike there!

My replacement ECU for engine cutting out under braking took months to arrive and it also improved the fuelling generally as well! Make sure you ride it hard to find all the niggles before the warranty runs out :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good choice of bike there!

My replacement ECU for engine cutting out under braking took months to arrive and it also improved the fuelling generally as well! Make sure you ride it hard to find all the niggles before the warranty runs out :)
haha

sure i will :naughty:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts