MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came out to be $390, with me doing the oil change. An added plus, the mechanic (Scott over at gold coast motorsports, I would recommend him to anyone) did a dyno run for me to. This is with the half system, eprom, and BMC air filter....NO POWER COMMANDER. There is a noticable lean spot at around 5K that I'll have my tuner clean up when the time comes, but overall I am very satisfied. Bike runs awesome and pulls the most gracefull 2nd gear wheelies, good shit! :yo:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spalding12 said:
hmmmmm
interesting

well.....
how about that BMC air filter
what difference do you notice AFTER installing THAT?

I put the filter in about a week before the pipes showed up, and aside from it making the intake charge sound magnificent, I could not tell a "seat of the pants" difference. I wasnt expecting one either, I just wanted the sound and ease of maintence, I put this style (washable K&N type) of air filter on every vehicle I own.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spalding12 said:
this is EXACTLY what i want most

thanks for the info

You wont be disappointed, the sound is a mechanical symphony....its intoxicating.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spalding12 said:
here's my NEXT DUMB QUESTION:

1. which exact filter did you buy?

2. how long did it take.... can an idiot like me do it easily?

yes.....
2 sad questions.... sorry

thanks in advance

There are no stupid questions, Greg, only stupid people.

This is the filter I bought

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/performance/details/bmc/36019.htm

There is nothing "mechanically challenging" about replacing it, you arent going to remove a spring loaded cover and have parts fly all over the garage, but you do have to lift the gas tank to get to the filter. I went ahead and removed the tank, but I think you can get away with the install without doing so. Its not difficult, but its kind of a tight work space, more of an annoyance than a challenge so to speak.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Did the intake howl change any? I noticed after putting a BMC in my R6, it completely changed the sound of the intake...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Some Guy said:
There are no stupid questions, Greg, only stupid people.

This is the filter I bought

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/performance/details/bmc/36019.htm

There is nothing "mechanically challenging" about replacing it, you arent going to remove a spring loaded cover and have parts fly all over the garage, but you do have to lift the gas tank to get to the filter. I went ahead and removed the tank, but I think you can get away with the install without doing so. Its not difficult, but its kind of a tight work space, more of an annoyance than a challenge so to speak.
perfect answerS
i appreciate it very much

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oicdn said:
Did the intake howl change any? I noticed after putting a BMC in my R6, it completely changed the sound of the intake...
Yes, it sounds like its gonna suck you right into the bike. Its probably my favorite sound that the bike makes, beautiful.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Some Guy said:
Yes, it sounds like its gonna suck you right into the bike. Its probably my favorite sound that the bike makes, beautiful.
+1

Just as the man says, it gives you more of what you got already with the sound. Quite a bit more...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sorry I meat to write:
John /Airfuel, do you have any results from BrutaleR with BMC filter (+ pipes and eprom) and without BMC filter for comparison porpuses?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
psst!!!... said:
Sorry I meat to write:
John /Airfuel, do you have any results from BrutaleR with BMC filter (+ pipes and eprom) and without BMC filter for comparison porpuses?
No, I'm to lazy to take off the tank and do runs with every mod.

I would love to compare different chips and air filters but it is a major pain.

I do think the BMC filter has helped....my 910R is the strongest I have ever had on my dyno, but I'm not sure how much the Moto corse chip and Ti exhaust plays into that.

I do know that I have improved my base hp by 10. Most other 910s with different mods have improved by around 5-7 hp.

I will do some major testing (again) with the snorkels. I hope they will free up some more HP across the board.

(Hey Rader: :finger: ) (inside joke)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts