MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to picking up a Brutale 800 from a friend. This bike was raced by him at the Pike's Peak Hillclimb last month. It is a stock B800 with the only changes being a different handle bar, Hindle exhaust, racing bellypan, and Corsa tires. The bike was ridden 12 sec off the pace set by Guy Martin.

I'm very excited from a short test ride. Plan on doing some simple appearance and ergo mods like LED signals and integrated tail light, adjustable levers, maybe a windscreen.

http://youtu.be/dT-5B01RjZs

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went for a brief ride today.

Impressions vs my S1000rr - very good throttle response, great torque. I don't experience any of the choppy low end that you guys have warned about. The bike does have the latest software and was ridden in N mode.

It is quite an agile bike and very easy to turn-in, almost like my mountain bikes. The riding position is more upright and less pressure on the wrists. The front end feels light and perhaps that is why most people recommend a steering dampener.

Mine does not come with ABS so the brakes are unlinked I assume? The quickshifter works well and the gearbox feels pretty smooth. Neutral is very easy to engage unlike my S1000rr

Seat feels slippery and I don't have any tank grips yet so I tend to slide around - going to add some TechSpec snakeskin grips

Overall it is quite a contrast from the S1000rr but highly enjoyable.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Very cool and unique bike clay. With that blue frame, you could make a custom seat that would make the bike really stand out.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Welcome clay, any chance of some detail pictures of the belly pan you have there, and any idea where it came from please.

jimboF4

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome clay, any chance of some detail pictures of the belly pan you have there, and any idea where it came from please.

jimboF4

I'll check into it. It is definitely fiberglass so I'm guessing some sort of race fairing part. It has a relief for the rear sets so it has got to be model specific

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
clay many thanks for the pics and the link, that is by far the best belly pan I have seen for the Brutale.:brutale:

Cheers jimboF4

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
some initial mods:

heat shielding added to race belly pan

stripped off gas tank for scuff repair

adjustable levers

radiator covers painted red

LED integrated tail light

1 - 13 of 13 Posts