MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for answering my questions posted this week. I decided to buy. Found a 910R at Scottsdale, Az, MV Agusta. Got a decent deal. New exhaust with new EPROM on board.

It is so light and agile. Trying to break her in as per recommendations. I am anxious to open it up.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
YumaGT said:
Trying to break her in as per recommendations. I am anxious to open it up.
Now you did it..........you better duck and cover!! :lightning
once oicdn reads this he's going to say........ :stopp:

don't say I didn't warn you :laughing:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I'm going to say my peace on this, and then let it alone.
Break-in options:
Factory - Best for longevity, maybe not peak power.
Dyno - Best for peak power (maybe), but likley not for longevity.
Ride it like you stole it - Just plain ignorant.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Congrats on getting an amazing ride! I know everyone has opinions about break-in, here are mine, 9 bikes in the stable, hasn't let me down once:

Don't lug the motor
Don't ride at constant RPM
Run heat cycles (ride, let it cool, ride more, let it cool, ride even more, repeat)
Get into the RPMs early, don't redline it on your first run, but get building fast
Increase maximum RPMs as your mileage builds
You should arrive at redline LONG before the manual calls for it

Oh ya, have fun at all times, almost forgot that!

Enjoy your machine!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
503 Posts
Congrats...Josh and his crew at Scottsdale are a good bunch. No question about it. I love my R and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

Bonus about the exhaust - apparently once Lafranconi started building the new exhausts they built a pile of 'em and shipped a container full over. It'll probably be a while before people are bitching about the wait time.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
No, can't make it because of prior commitments. Sounds like fun, i didn't get an e-mail notification about the ride tho'. I'll be up early for a blast up canyon lake (tortilla flat) on Sunday. Want to join me?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Koop said:
No, can't make it because of prior commitments. Sounds like fun, i didn't get an e-mail notification about the ride tho'. I'll be up early for a blast up canyon lake (tortilla flat) on Sunday. Want to join me?
Sorry, can't Sunday, but it was a pretty good ride today, perfect weather, I'll catch ya next time, enjoy canyon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts