MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Pic up the MV Saterday from 3X motorcycles. Bricking it at the moment as i have a 60 mile journey back and have'nt even had a squirt on one yet. Still all ads to the fun ah. Got to take it easy anyway as it's only got 30 miles on the clock. Will post some pics and register it when i get home. That will save admin getting on my case.
Yours Aye Alexaye.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I hope the weather holds for you for the weekend Alexaye. We've had super weather up here in Yorkshire, I've put about 700 miles on my bike this week and reduced the Fly/Bug population by a few thousand! My motor is really starting to loosen up now and the whole package is very impressive. Enjoy your new toy mate :smoking:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weather

Hi
So do i. Just paid for it on the debit card so no going back now. It could be be raining stair rods it's still coming home Saterday. Just have to spend time cleaning afterwards. New bike new tyres wet road oooooo better take things really easy. Used to take the blackbird out in the wet so i could get better and more confident. We have some nice hairpins on portland just the place to put the skills together. Will post some pics later.
Thanks for all the replys.
Alex.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stonking dogs dangly things

Hi
Now i can see why all you guys are so passionate about this machine.
98 mles and i'm smitten, precision engineering, looks to die for and handling.
Gave it a bit of a fistful to see what's there, can't wait till i've run her in and really play. Will post some pics Sunday when i've had chance to calm down.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I bet you are sat there in the garage tonight, just looking at it, may be polishing a bit you missed when you polished it earlier!! :grin: Alexaye, have 3x got a Senna or 1000R in yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sena

Hi John
No Sena yet at 3X. Well the weather held out and i managed to get a few miles on the clock. Hate this running in, itching to play. The bike's so good it turns in so easy, takes a bit of getting used to after pulling the Blackbird into corners this bike goes around like it's on rails. The handling is just pure precision. Tyres are scrubbed in allthough still a bit of chicken strip on left side that's because i have more cofidence on right handers than left. Same reason as everyone else if you push it to far you go into oncoming traffic where as on right handers you just end up in the hedge. Brakes are good front is just right lots of control so i won't be changing them especialy with our inclement weather. The riding possition is good as well no complaints there the seat is comfortable if you relax. Can't nail it out of bends yet as it's not run in and i personally like to keep the revs right up will let you know what i think when i can. Just stripped the panels of to clean her as there is loads of engine preserative seaping out. Could not take any pics as the wife had the camera in the car.
Alex

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Congrats Alexaye, I just had my first hard ride on mine a couple of days ago where I was able to get the revs up (love seeing that little red light come on) and the bike did not dissapoint. :smoking:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is this a good thing??

sorry, but can someone explain what the hell stair rods are ?????

Alexaye said:
Hi
So do i. Just paid for it on the debit card so no going back now. It could be be raining stair rods it's still coming home Saterday. Just have to spend time cleaning afterwards. Alex.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stair rods

Hi all
Sorry forgot how international this site is. Raining cats and dogs/Stair rods just a cockney exspression for pissing with rain. Stair rods are long rods that transverse the stair held in place by a gripper each side, it pins the carpet into the stair back. Thus enabling the carpet to be removed for cleaning.
Anyway the bike is the dogs bollox.
Alex

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Alexaye said:
Alex

That means he likes it quite a lot! :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Alexaye said:
Hi all
Sorry forgot how international this site is. Raining cats and dogs/Stair rods just a cockney exspression for pissing with rain. Stair rods are long rods that transverse the stair held in place by a gripper each side, it pins the carpet into the stair back. Thus enabling the carpet to be removed for cleaning.
Alex
"dogs bollox"? Is that like "the cats ass"? :laughing:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sweet and congrats, your best purchase on the card for sure :)

What is the thing on the bottom of the front fork? is it some kind of disc lock? Can't tell from the pics.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tax disc

Hi Amer it's a road tax disc not a lock. Sorry about the size of the pics have no idea how to change it yet. Paid on debit card not credit card. Your right though best buy !ever!.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Alex, Nice pics mate. My bike came from 3X and they put my tax disc holder the same place as yours. I moved mine up to tank level just behind the fairing panel as they are susceptable to water ingress down there. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts