MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You where definitely in the hot seat :flamethro Looks like it could have gotten worse fast.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Wow! Glad you're OK - that could have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very lucky that i had a rider following me at the time and not being on my own on the freeway.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Looks like the standard mufflers were rubbing / touching against the plastic number plate holder. The bolt that holds the muffler to the subframe was possibly loose and making the mufflers touch the plastic number plate holder.

The standard mufflers traps ALOT of heat due to the chamber design. The output of the cat also adds additional heat (cat requires heat to operate properly).

If you mod the standard mufflers you will reduce the heat trap and you'll be able hold and touch the mufflers after a hot run.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
wow. that looks bad..... damn....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the second photo. That is were the side vents are under the pillion seat.
And flames were coming out.
So i was very lucky that people in there cars had extinguishers and the bike rider following me pulled me over. Otherwise the plate holder would have collected the back wheel. And going on the feeway would not have been much fun.
All i know i did my 12k service last week. Bike 13 months old.
On tue coming home from work the bike sounded sluggish low revs for about 500meters then sounded fine.(bad fuel maybe).
Wed go on a group ride, go to the meeting point all fine.Take off with the group and it happens again.
Ringing again today to get any news.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Didn't see the fire thread.

Could be the fuel line break at the plastic connector part? Fuel dripping onto hot exhaust?

Was the bike running like it was on 3 cylinders? Ie fuel being pumped into the cylinder but not ignited.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts