MV Agusta Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1722 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Haven't done much in the garage lately, but I have built myself a new office in the house, and getting it properly sorted and decorated... as soon as the Senna is back together, it will be parked in here in front of the coveralls in the pic from my webcam.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed MV art and what not for it. I always have room for more :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
so really you built a fancy storage space for the Senna :)
Oh, it's much more than that, it's got all my gear in it, memorabilia, my desk and PC... oh, and lots of guns and my gun building tools in it :naughty:

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
That's pretty awesome Curtis!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Joe I'm glad you have come over to live in my beautiful country.Where are you living,when the weather gets a bit better I would love to come to you from Wexford to visit.Our weather in general is not the worst but I must admit I really do Hate winter,I'm always counting down to spring.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Back From The Dead .......... Temporarily

I haven't been around here much in the past year or so. I see quite a few changes - no registry? Wow definite step backwards in a marque specific forum, maybe it will grow on me but I don't have the time to spend here that I used to have so no big deal really. Anyhow I have been making my own improvements, as they say a picture paints a thousands words ,so in that vein I'll explain in pictures ( in order below) what I have been up to.

1. 12 months ago I had a hole in the ground. We moved 48.56 tonnes ( I know that from the weigh bridge dockets for dumping fees) by hand through a 1.2 square hole in the wall. Machines were not an option as we were digging near and on foundations - underpinned them as we went along and were eventually able to open up the walls without the house falling down - Nice!

2. We then finished up with a workshop - assembly/service area.

3. Workshop for 'real' work - welding, plasma cutting, lathe coming next week hopefully etc etc. Pretty much self sufficient in all work we can do in house from simple services to complete engine tear down and rebuilds.

4. Created a space for NON MVs - bringing back segregation a tad politically incorrect in this day and age but hey its my world.

5. Refurbished the car garages - temporarily taken over by a couple of MVs.

6. A pure MV Shrine (finally) - no blow ins as always had to suffer in the in the past! ( actually the original garages are on pages 77/78 of this thread back in 2011).

7. Upstairs - the inside the house Garage.

8. One car snuck into the garage - wife's M2 still kept at bay:naughty: ( for now)

A one year review in 5 minutes - it all looks so easy here, can't figure what the blood sweat and tears were about????????

Ciao.
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
I haven't been around here much in the past year or so. I see quite a few changes - no registry? Wow definite step backwards in a marque specific forum, maybe it will grow on me but I don't have the time to spend here that I used to have so no big deal really. Anyhow I have been making my own improvements, as they say a picture paints a thousands words ,so in that vein I'll explain in pictures ( in order below) what I have been up to.

1. 12 months ago I had a hole in the ground. We moved 48.56 tonnes ( I know that from the weigh bridge dockets for dumping fees) by hand through a 1.2 square hole in the wall. Machines were not an option as we were digging near and on foundations - underpinned them as we went along and were eventually able to open up the walls without the house falling down - Nice!

3. Workshop for 'real' work - welding, plasma cutting, lathe coming next week hopefully etc etc. Pretty much self sufficient in all work we can do in house from simple services to complete engine tear down and rebuilds.

4. Created a space for NON MVs - bringing back segregation a tad politically incorrect in this day and age but hey its my world.

6. A pure MV Shrine (finally) - no blow ins as always had to suffer in the in the past! ( actually the original garages are on pages 77/78 of this thread back in 2011).

8. One car snuck into the garage - wife's M2 still kept at bay:naughty: ( for now)

A one year review in 5 minutes - it all looks so easy here, can't figure what the blood sweat and tears were about????????

Ciao.
Rob
Looks great Rob. Glad to see things are going well for you.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

Ciao.
Rob

Rob!! Glad to see you posting man! The man cavern is looking good ( I have to say you've graduated from cave at this point). Beautiful displays of the marque all over! I plan to bring the family over sometime in the next 5 years, I hope you'll let me drop by and check out your growing collection. Glad things are going well for you. Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you in your absence. I have been rarely around for months myself on a large project.. all worth it in the end though.
Cheers man, it looks great!

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts
Hey Robbie! I saw you snuck (sneaked?) in here the other day. I hope things are well. The excavation and rebuild went quite well I see!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Looks great Rob. Glad to see things are going well for you.
Thanks Andrew, yes things are going really well - hopefully that will continue :) But I think the key is to enjoy while 'the gettin's good'.
I've lost touch with so many things & people. How's your rebuild? finished? Knowing you I am sure, make that 100% certain, that it is BETTER THAN EVER.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Rob!! Glad to see you posting man! The man cavern is looking good ( I have to say you've graduated from cave at this point). Beautiful displays of the marque all over! I plan to bring the family over sometime in the next 5 years, I hope you'll let me drop by and check out your growing collection. Glad things are going well for you. Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you in your absence. I have been rarely around for months myself on a large project.. all worth it in the end though.
Cheers man, it looks great!
Thanks, still a cave Ian, just a flashy one - lol.

Mate, when you guys come here, it will be an absolute pleasure to have you over - I am sure we can turn it into a mini event ;) It should have/be grown further by then as well >:):mouthwate

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hey Robbie! I saw you snuck (sneaked?) in here the other day. I hope things are well. The excavation and rebuild went quite well I see!
Hey Chuckie, how about we settle on snucked?

Yes - really happy with the outcome, we had a footing collapse in the proper workshop area ( the one with the black floor in the pics) which is directly under the bar/upstairs garage, this caused a few heart palpitations and a sleepless night whilst it was (emergency) propped up and awaiting an emergency concrete pour the following morning, to make it even more exciting it poured rain all night and water was finding its way into the props.............looking back, it now seems it a walk in the park (Rob & Lou style) surely it could not have happened any other way. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

In the middle of all this, I have been restoring (by remote in Italy) another MV which is an important jewel in the crown that will be the historical makeup of the collection. I will show case it when it arrives! :drummer: I been telling Lou 'this is the last one' since 2010 - we both know it is a massive lie but God bless her she makes out like she believes me in the most convincing way.

Hope you guys are doing great and you know you are welcome anytime.

Cheers
Rob

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hey Rob lovely place you have and a lovely collection, Chuck also had a footing collapse last year and he turned out just as good as your garage.0:)
Thanks Andrew, there's obviously a joke in there that is lost on me due to either:

a. My absence from the forum or

b. Early onset of Alzheimer's.

I am hoping it's 'a' :laughing:

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Thanks Andrew, yes things are going really well - hopefully that will continue :) But I think the key is to enjoy while 'the gettin's good'.
I've lost touch with so many things & people. How's your rebuild? finished? Knowing you I am sure, make that 100% certain, that it is BETTER THAN EVER.
Yes Mona Lisa is done. Well done for now:grin2:. The last thing I have done to her was installed a set of race cams with the help of Ed. Going to take her to get her forks worked on, and I hope a dyno run with a custom map in her future.

·
Super Moderator
21,400 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Mr rosssssssssssi
caps are required here

I FREAKKKKKKN LOVE THAT SPACE MATE.... LOVE LOVE LOVE...
U HAVE OUTDONE URSELF

can not wait to see it one day

1561 - 1580 of 1722 Posts