MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PHOTO SHOP SOME STOCK PERFORMANCE EXHAUST BLACK ON A 910R BLACK AND GREY? THINKING ABOUT CERAMIC COATING MINE OVER WINTER-THANKS van :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
vananator said:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PHOTO SHOP SOME STOCK PERFORMANCE EXHAUST BLACK ON A 910R BLACK AND GREY? THINKING ABOUT CERAMIC COATING MINE OVER WINTER-THANKS van :)
my bikes is an 910S instead of an R, but if you look in my gallery you'll see my exhaust ceramic coated flat black.

in fact, here ya go...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you mean like this? Black headers and silencers. Not sure that you will be able to save the etched logo when you coat it. Click on image for a larger version.

Color correction is my thing!

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
kilat said:
Do you mean like this? Black headers and silencers. Not sure that you will be able to save the etched logo when you coat it. Click on image for a larger version.

Color correction is my thing!
Now that looks shit hot!! :mouthwate

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I dig "blacked out" bikes, but you have to be real careful not to over-do it.

I was blacking out my Brute a bit with carbon fiber, and I blacked out the silver triangle covers near the headstock (on top of the radiator) .... the bike lost a lot of personality when those were gone, so I put 'em back. Kilat's version looks better than I thought it would when I first read the request.

·
Registered
233 Posts
kilat said:
Do you mean like this? Black headers and silencers.
and black forks.

i think the black forks add to it. i wouldn't black out the radiator trim and rearsets though. too much and the bike loses something.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kilat, thanks that is exactly what I was looking for. ceramic coat and carbon here I come!!!!!!!!!VAN

·
Registered
233 Posts
odonata said:
Micron has a Brutale high mount?
no, i fabbed the midpipe from some scrap 2.5" stainless pipe bends, ground the welds smooth, and had it ceramic coated. i also had to fab the rear fender-eliminator so i would have a mounting location for the bolt above the exhaust can.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Consider black chroming for the silencers. Maybe able to retain the stock MV Agusta etching.

Some carbon is also quite 'grey' I was going to have my carbon sprayed with a dark tinted clear so as to darken it a bit. I think it'll be quite nice! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts