Discussion Starter #1
There's a few going down for next Friday's PI trackday

Myself: F4 1000
Cliff: F4 1000

Chuck: 1098s
Quent: 1198s
Serge: 999s
Harry: 848
Snohman: F4 750 {in beautiful pearly white now!)

Dont let those grubby Dukes outnumber the Beautiful MV's
Help the cause now... we're a friendly bunch:)

Dino, Adam and all Melbournians...pull the digit out !

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
yo Pete cant man Iam on the gold cost on the 23rd:cross:.

Ill be there in spirit if that helps.......
have a blast, I want to see heaps of pics....oops I forgot who I was talking too:naughty:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
:toothless said paint job nearly caused an accident today... someone was looking at it and not the road ahead..:brutale:

got my suspension set up properly now :) looking forward to this,fingers crossed for good weather

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:laughing::laughing:
I have considered it but don't think they'll go with the scheme...:yo:

quick question, mirrors taped or removed?
I remove everything , mirrors, rear lights....less to crash:naughty:

Mirrors are tricky if you haven't done it before...rear unit comes out completely as one.
Must unbolt and lift ECU to get to main bolts and loosen one exhaust to do it though,

Just go with taping the mirrors if you're concerned.

Saw your bike ages ago getting done...Rob showed me.
Looks like Colin's bike from Japan :)
Very nice.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I remove everything , mirrors, rear lights....less to crash:naughty:

Mirrors are tricky if you haven't done it before...rear unit comes out completely as one.
Must unbolt and lift ECU to get to main bolts and loosen one exhaust to do it though,

Just go with taping the mirrors if you're concerned.

Saw your bike ages ago getting done...Rob showed me.
Looks like Colin's bike from Japan :)
Very nice.

mirrors arn't that bad, just getting the little electic connectors through the holes in the fairing, I think you mean the rear fender so I'll give that a go as i load it up to take it down

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sorry guys, cant make it.:cry:
Baby due any day now :ahhh:....have to keep the bike on call, just in case i need to make a mad dash to the hospital :f4:

Have fun and kick some ducati ASS. :brutale::f4:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how was the rest of the day pete & cliff?,
Harry's 848 survive the rest of the day? & got any photos?
Hi Ian.hope the MV isnt too bad.
Here's a pic of you before it dropped it's guts. hopefully its not too bad and didnt turn you off trackdays...looks like you were having a ball before it blew.

Harry survived and the 848 ran well
Heaps of pics to put up, but one of you for now :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hi Ian.hope the MV isnt too bad.
Here's a pic of you before it dropped it's guts. hopefully its not too bad and didnt turn you off trackdays...looks like you were having a ball before it blew.

Harry survived and the 848 ran well
Heaps of pics to put up, but one of you for now :)
what happened??

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Alright so heres what happened, 3 laps into the third session, heading down the gardner straight at phillip island, I'd been overbreaking for the first corner all day and been egged on to go a bit harder into it, so flat out down the straight, anyway the oilfilter suddenly unscrewed itself and dumped all the engine oil onto the headers (HUGE cloud of smoke) rear wheel was covered so couldn't really turn in to the corner. ran straight off the end of the straight and luckily managed to keep it upright through the kitty litter. bit of excitement... rather frustrating day though because the first session was cut short, and the second session i was still getting used to the track, but session got red flagged as someone lost their helmet visor, and this happend as i just got the tyres warm and just starting to wind it out and go a bit quicker.

Great photo's pete, (who was on the other end of the camera?) unfortunatly my camera was out of action for the day ...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright so heres what happened, 3 laps into the third session, heading down the gardner straight at phillip island, I'd been overbreaking for the first corner all day and been egged on to go a bit harder into it, so flat out down the straight, anyway the oilfilter suddenly unscrewed itself and dumped all the engine oil onto the headers (HUGE cloud of smoke) rear wheel was covered so couldn't really turn in to the corner. ran straight off the end of the straight and luckily managed to keep it upright through the kitty litter. bit of excitement... rather frustrating day though because the first session was cut short, and the second session i was still getting used to the track, but session got red flagged as someone lost their helmet visor, and this happend as i just got the tyres warm and just starting to wind it out and go a bit quicker.

Great photo's pete, (who was on the other end of the camera?) unfortunatly my camera was out of action for the day ...

The professional dude to the pics...go to www.SDPICS.com and you'll find pro shots of yourself.

Your bike was blowing massive smoke from halfway down the straight, we were watching. Not sure you realized until near your braking points ? Poor buggar.
You were riding really well up until that point as well !

Glad you were OK, and you kept the bike upright, could have been really nasty. You did seem a bit shaken up when we chatted after, so thought it best to give you some 'space'

Now, I hope this hasn't put you off trackdays, as you were riding so well for first time down there. It's daunting enough without your bike letting go !!

Chin up, get back down there mate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts