MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm interested to ask about the price you guys and gals pay for petrol where you live.
Please include the currency or country you are in and the volume you are buying (litres or gallons).
I'll convert the price to US dollars and US gallons using www.xe.com for the currency conversion and the volume to US gallons at a volume conversion website every so often so we are comparing apples with apples. The MV Agusta manual states you should use 95 octane or higher so quote the price of the fuel you would use to fill your MV.
There is 3.85 litres per US gallon.
Here in New Zealand we paying NZD $2.12 per litre.
Right now one NZ dollar buys .7509 US dollars. So .7509 multilpied by 3.85 multiplied by 2.12 equals 6.12 US dollars per US gallon when converted.
That ain't gonna be the cheapest but I suspect it's not going to be the most expensive either. :f4:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Today I paid $4.35 for Sonoco premium....

·
Registered
284 Posts
well last time i checked it went down 2 cents to $4.18 a gallon yesterday, wont stay like that for long. thats for regular, for premium its i think... $4.32

·
Registered
16 Posts
Denmark

1 Liter = 11,75 kr

1 USD = 4,80 kr

3,85*11,75 = 45,2375 kr / 4,80 = 9,42 USD.... :green::mad::rant:

·
Registered
417 Posts
£1.24 per litre

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
No there is no reason for that.... by the way....

We pay 180% and 25% on top of that in taxes of our cars and bikes... roughly spoken

That means that a bike worth 20.000 USD comes to cost 51.250 USD...... If you want a numberplate on it....:banghead:

A new MV Agusta like mine (750 S1+1)had a price ticket of 72.000 USD when it was new in 2002

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The story so far: United States 4.32 and 4.35
New Zealand 6.12
England 9.31
Denmark 9.42
Prices in US dollars per US gallon.
Holy crap Randy, looks like you'll be the only country able to keep an Aston Martin DB9 up and running soon. :cry:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
some parts of the *high-class* atlanta area gas stations have high test gas for 4.55/ gallon adn diesel is going up and up at 4.85/ gallon.

Average for America is 4.00/ gallon for low test gas

·
Registered
593 Posts
1,63 eurocents are 2,53 dollars per litre.
1 gallon is 3,78541178 litre.
so that makes 9,58 dollar per gallon.

And that makes the Netherlands one of the most expensive countries in the world.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Last weekend I rode north of Napa, California to a small town where the only gas was at a Chevron. I paid $5.12 a gallon for premium, but it's cheaper than a tow truck. :)

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Petrol is higher than gold over here at nearly £5 per ltr. Its crazy, somethings gotta give!

you mean per gallon warren?

it makes you laugh, our government is trying to persuade us to go to work on Bicycles, use public transport, go green, and then they rush up to Aberdeen last week to plead with the oil companies to - UP PRODUCTION

as if we offshore only open the taps 1/2 way and can draw a little bit more out,
We are always on maximum production 24/7 and producing 60,000 barrels per day at $132 per barrel

our UK government are rubbing their hands, taking a huge amount in tax from the motorist and also a huge amount from the oil companies too

then they try to blame the high price of U.K. fuel on the oil companies

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Petrol is higher than gold over here at nearly £5 per ltr. Its crazy, somethings gotta give!
indeed it does and normally i would be shouting from the roof tops about our PM and his spend, tax, borrow, spend, tax some more, borrow loads more, spend twice as much then borrow and tax some more then blame us for not having any savings and being a consumer country so whack some tax on there for anything luxurious like driving into london or around it................and as much as gordon brown likes to think of himself as a world leader i don't think he has that much influence:stickpoke...............

but;) it seems to be a worldwide thing so i'm curious as to what is causing the price of oil to go so high that fuel itself is going up on an almost daily basis?

i knmow it's easy to blame the iraq thing but is it really all down to that?

curious to know

1 - 20 of 52 Posts