MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petrol is leaking under the petrol tank and it aint a deluge, more like its weeping past the rubber O rings and wets the underside after a few days. I have taken the pump out, reseated and refitted and it lasted a day before the petrol showed up again so I am thinking the O rings are at fault here.

Can I grease them to help them seal (what grease will do this with the petrol around it?).

Or, do I just replace the O rings - does anyone know the part number of the 2 O rings?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
Thanks - I will get hold of some of that grease and try it. There are 2 rings, are they the same?
yes, same O-rings as on F4s 1/8" x 4 5/8" ID

buy the Buna N ones, the green Viton ones are expanding in the ethanol enhanced gas

my Brutale 910R came with only the lower one and didn't leak, it still only has the lower one.......lol didn't know there were supposed to be 2 in there

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2 rings are not the same size .. Nearly 2 days after after refitting the rings with the addition of some silicon grease spray there is no leak so hopefully job done!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really?

check page G12 of the Brutale parts manual

item #6 part # 800090939 quantity 2

:naughty:
Yes .. on my bike they are different.

The top one was thinner rubber and seemed more stretched .. it started leaking a few weeks after being serviced so make of that what you will!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently had similar trouble with the 0 ring on my f4 ie expansion and it would not seal, upon trying to get one was told a silly price as I believe they are made from unobtanium however back to the point try Premier Power Products Ltd very helpful and very reasonable prices

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
O-rings?

the fuel pump plate O-rings are available from McMaster-Carr

part#9452K197 25 in a bag for $7.48 or $0.30 each

they also have the quick disconnect O-rings 100 in a bag for ~$5.00

and the 4mm rivnuts to fix F4 air boxes too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts