MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently acquired an F4 which came with a full Arrow exhaust and "performance" ECU. When I took possession, the exhaust and p-ECU were removed and the original parts were reinstalled. Unknown to me, turns out the p-ECU is still in the bike and I have the original ECU (in other words, I possess both). The dealer told me there was no difference between the p-ECU and stock ECU. Is this true? Also, how can I tell the difference between a "performance" ECU and stock? As a corollary, the bike runs fantastic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
in my opinion a performance ecu should have a diferent information to send more petrol and you should be able to ear the bike working in neutral with higher revs, if you have a racing exhaut you should be able to take advantage of that otherwise i think the bike is spending more petrol without improving performance

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EPROM not ECU

My mistake....
Turns out the 'performance' EPROM was removed from the motorcycle. How does one know if it is a performance part or not? At this point, I don't need it and would be more than happy to sell it to someone who may.

The part box has the following info:

ARROW, 11017ME, EPROM MV AGUSTA F4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts