MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally found a shop that had a bottle on the shelf, as I didn't want to order a box of 4 x 4 litre only to be stuck with it if I didn't like it.

But I shouldn't have worried, bike runs so much quieter & the gearbox is shifting cleaner than it ever has. :)

Will be ordering a box in the coming weeks

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My girl got some of this in 10W-60 today after a sale at Repco. $46!
Man, new oil almost feels as good as new rubber :D The biggest difference I've noticed in my bikes with new oil is less of a 'clunk' from N to 1. Surprises me every time.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Been running the Penrite (after thinking I would give it a go after reading about it on here) since purchasing my bike last year. Very happy with the performance so far.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, I too have been running Penrite 10W60, but as it was the only 60 grade available at the time, I was using '10 Tenths Premium10' in 10W60 grade. It is fully synthetic and suitable for motorcycles, in fact was the recommendation on their website for MV's big 4 in line motors. Found it be as good as any other if not better.
My only concern, it definitely ran a little hotter in town which I put down to the thicker 60 grade when compared to the Amsoil and Motul 40+W oils I had used previously. So I was planning on trying a slightly lighter Penrite grade like the 15W50 Donsy appears to use. So, Donsy any thoughts on this? I will be staying with Penrite, I will switch to the MC4ST type but 10W60 or 15W50??? NB: Live in Melbourne but it isn't that cold to worry about cold starting, don't ride on the cooler days anyways, purely for pleasure, predominately on sunny days.
Rick

·
Super Moderator
22,328 Posts
15w50 is fine for MV in your temperature range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts