MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and came up empty. The stock pegs suck. I looked at some replacements from a vendor here. They have stock appearing and Sato. I am leaning towards Sato. It does not appear they pivot and that is fine with me as long as I dont unload the bike in corners, I doubt I will be draggin pegs. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Satos are pretty nice. Riding house are the prettiest but also the most expensive. Ferracci's are copies of the Sato's and look it. If you like the stock rear sets but just want to replace the begs with something with some grip I have some.

Those are all the rearsets I have experience with.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just get yourself a sharp angled file and make some nice groves in the ball of the footpeg, this makes them much nicer to use

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, hmmmm.......

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have designed an entire rearset with a new peg for my bike. I was not able to find what I wanted so I decided to try it on my own. I have a rapid prototype version and after a few tweaks I am going to have them machined. The rearsets are offset 35 mm frame to peg mount to align with the exhaust shield. I did this because when riding on the ball of my foot, my heel is pushed out which puts pressure on the inside of my knee. I can send out some photos if you want to see them. My planned finish will match the stock heel guard.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I likey!!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
MV Corse has some nice ones. I had them (black ones) on my F4 1078RR and had them transferred to my Brutale 1078RR.

They look good and they are good.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have designed an entire rearset with a new peg for my bike. I was not able to find what I wanted so I decided to try it on my own. I have a rapid prototype version and after a few tweaks I am going to have them machined. The rearsets are offset 35 mm frame to peg mount to align with the exhaust shield. I did this because when riding on the ball of my foot, my heel is pushed out which puts pressure on the inside of my knee. I can send out some photos if you want to see them. My planned finish will match the stock heel guard.
Will be very curious to see these...sounds like nice work, and a good design.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will snap a few pictures and post them up. I still have a few tweaks to add and I might incorporate an aftermarket peg, as the one I designed will most likely be a fortune to machine. I will say that the test ride on the bike I had using the prototype was significantly more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Brutaleluke,

You can get Solidworks eDrawings for free at the Solidworks website. With this program, I can send you the drawings of the brackets if you would like to see them. Let me know.

Nick

·
Registered
14,676 Posts
pegs?

non slip pegs? contact Ade......i have 2 sets on the way

:yo:

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
42 Posts
foot peg questions

I want to replace my foot pegs on a 2004 750S. I like the Rizoma tapered racing foot pegs best and then the Spiegler z115.
questions:
1. The Rizoma is listed as fitting the 09 to present 1078RR and the 10 to present 1090R. Does anyone know if they fit the older Brutales? No one I call can tell me how long the pegs are, does anyone know?
Rizoma Tapered Racing Footpegs.jpeg
2. People have said the Spiegler Z115-D04 folding bracket (a Ducati part) will fit the 750s. Has anyone done this to know that they do? Spiegler won’t comment, don’t blame them. The Spiegler pegs are 3 1/4 inch long.
Footpegs.jpeg

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going with Sato's. But everything suggested are good choices also.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The rearsets for all years/models MV Agusta are pretty much the same so those Rizoma pegs should fit just fine. Here is an image of the dimensions (mm). Keep in mind that this is without the adapter. That will add some length to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
flynbulldog, do you know which Ducati the adapter was for? That would solve everything as all these after market pegs come listed for Ducatis. I'm in central Mexico which is why I'm trying to be certain that things fit. Its a real pain getting things to here let alone trying to return something that does not work. How long are the pegs? They aren't shown on the Gilles Tooling site. The adapters are shown so I assume the pegs are available. Where did you buy them? There are a couple of importers in the US that do special orders if it gets to that. Special ordering things in Mexico almost never works out.
Thanks from the wilderness for all the responses.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nick,

You haven't happened to have converted the bike to GP shift with a linkage, have you? The shift pattern change is my primary goal, and I just dropped money on the LightTech rearsets for the sole reason of converting to GP.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts