MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Has been a busy last few weeks for me. Had mum having brain surgery and thankfully she has come out of it with good prospects. Was scary at the time though!

A question for owners, has anyone had problems with the quality of the factory paint on the fairings? I've got a piece peeling off which is annoying and i'm wondering if others have had the same problem. I notice the paint chips off on some of the edges but wondering if the peeling is from excessive heat???

I have put in a warranty claim with the Australian distributor so will see what they do about it and let you know. Photos attached.

MarkM

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, mine isnt peeling, but it has bubbled pretty visibly around the Dzus fasteners on the lower part of the side panels. I assume that the fasteners are letting heat penetrate (there is a hole in the heat shielding there, to accommodate the fasteners). It is interesting how much flex agent is in the paint, because it has bubbled, but I can push on it and it doesn't crack. MV has said they will replace them, but it has been 5 months and counting. Sigh. Sorta typical I think.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Its quite common for the undertray on the F4 to suffer heat damage, especially if the heat shielding has come unstuck. I do have a couple of 'used' side panels in silver that have chipped like yours, but perhaps it's more noticable on the blue/silver colour scheme. How long have you had the bike?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, :)

The bike is 18 months old and the fairing is 12 months old. I had the fairing replaced after a mechanic dropped the side fairing after taking it off for its service - paint chipped off on that occasion as well! :banghead:

MarkM

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Thats pretty bad :jsm:

You shouldn't have any problems with the warranty, as you probably know The Aussie distributor Paul Feeney is excellent and usually very quick in their response times. When was the claim submitted?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only Thursday last week was the claim submitted, hopefully will be resolved soon
MarkM

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Mark as John said, check the heatsheild as the glue they use is pretty crap.
I don't think this is cause by the heat, as I would assume that there would be more heat on the other side of the fairing as the exhaust pipe is closer to the right hand side.

If this is a heat related issue then the paint on the righthand side should be peeling worse than the left handside.

I can only assume that the painters didn't prep the surface correctly before painting, or bad batch of paint.

PS : how long is the warranty for any MV sold in Aussie?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Warranty in Australia is two years unlimited kilometres. Will have a look at the heat shield, the right side fairing is ok so like you say it might just be a bad paint job
MarkM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts