MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a little thing but I thought it was a worthwhile fix. I noticed alot of oil around the hose which connects the PCV valve to the airbox both at the box and on the valve. The hose is just an unclamped slip fit and apparently allows oil to weep out of the joints. I don't care for that so I took off the hose, cleaned everything up, reinstalled the hose and double zip tied the hose at it's ends. Should stop it as there's no pressure in the line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
lee said:
This is just a little thing but I thought it was a worthwhile fix. I noticed alot of oil around the hose which connects the PCV valve to the airbox both at the box and on the valve. The hose is just an unclamped slip fit and apparently allows oil to weep out of the joints. I don't care for that so I took off the hose, cleaned everything up, reinstalled the hose and double zip tied the hose at it's ends. Should stop it as there's no pressure in the line.
PCV valve? do you mean the breather hose from the cranckcase? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I called it a PCV valve. Yeah it's the case breather which has an electrically controlled valve that the vapors pass through. It's sitting right behind and below the #1 throttle body. Like I said it's just a small item but I don't like finding oil on the engine and thought someone else would appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
lee said:
Sorry I called it a PCV valve. Yeah it's the case breather which has an electrically controlled valve that the vapors pass through. It's sitting right behind and below the #1 throttle body. Like I said it's just a small item but I don't like finding oil on the engine and thought someone else would appreciate it.
I'll try and get a picture from the spares pdf, I think you are talking about the EBS solenoid valve that admits air into cylinder 2 but sits next to cylinder 1 and connects onto the outside of the airbox? :)
Do you mean this pipe? and not the large one at the rear of the airbox?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boy do I feel stupid. Yes it's the EBS. When I saw the oil around it I assumed it had to do with case ventilation. So if it's purpose is to let air into cyl #2 why all the oil around it? I should have looked in the manual before I shot my mouth off. But isn't that what the books are for? Screw it up and THEN look at the book to see what you should have done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
lee said:
Boy do I feel stupid. Yes it's the EBS. When I saw the oil around it I assumed it had to do with case ventilation. So if it's purpose is to let air into cyl #2 why all the oil around it? I should have looked in the manual before I shot my mouth off. But isn't that what the books are for? Screw it up and THEN look at the book to see what you should have done.
Some one has probably re-oiled the airfilter and used too much oil :) it will drain that side when the bike is on the sidestand :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,125 Posts
Yeah- I had the very same condition on my own bike when it was first delivered. In fact what color was your fluid? The filter treatment that was dripping out of my valve connection was dark green in color. Sound familiar at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top