MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there is any point installing a PC V on my 1090R with stock components. For the most part my Brute runs like a top and I have no issues and no plans for exhaust/ECU upgrades for at least another season, but would a PC V be able to smooth out fuelling and low rpm control on its own or is there no point of installing one without a programmable ECU?

It's not the most costly component and I just figured if it might smooth things out a bit and help with fuel consumption until I go all in on the exhaust and ecu.

·
Registered
606 Posts
NEVER go for the MV Corse kit!!!

I had one installed on my 13 RR and fuel consumption even went worse - from 8,5 to 10 liters / 100 km.

Ended up with a Rexxer Platinum programming of my ECU - 160 rwhp and 7,5 liters / 100 km in my riding style.

The problem in lowers rpms is the retarded ignition that cannot be adjusted by the PCV .

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't planned on the MV Race ECU. Probably Full Thunder with a Microtec. Guess that's one against a PC V helping on it's own. Thanks cherche. 160 at the wheel would be nice, but with the R I'll expect a bit less :) Torque monster that it is.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a full HP Corse system, opted for the MV Race ECU and it did no favors but after that i put a PCV on it and it livened up the bike a lot more and it really did help smoothen it out in the lower RPM.
Even as standard i understand where your coming from with the harshness in the throttle.
Fuel consumption improved slightly on mine, but its an MV, they like fuel and you dont buy one for good mileage.

On a standard set up im not sure what can be expected but i have heard many people doing it anyway and are impressed with the results. I say just give it a go.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i put a PCV on it and it livened up the bike a lot more and it really did help smoothen it out in the lower RPM.
Last time I checked the dyno website it didnt have an option for the '12 brutale RR. What/which one did you buy? Any help would be appreciated. Im looking to go PCV and Arrow exhuast.

·
Registered
47 Posts
NEVER go for the MV Corse kit!!!

I had one installed on my 13 RR and fuel consumption even went worse - from 8,5 to 10 liters / 100 km.

Ended up with a Rexxer Platinum programming of my ECU - 160 rwhp and 7,5 liters / 100 km in my riding style.

The problem in lowers rpms is the retarded ignition that cannot be adjusted by the PCV .
I have to +1 the Rexxer stuff :yo::naughty: Great support, easy installation and map availability is pretty good.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Pc5 with race ecu then get it dyno tuned.now before you do a dyno you must reset the tps using software.petrol consumption should be around 300 km per tank,pretty bloody good I reckon.we have done all this on my mates 1090rr
Cheers eddy

·
Registered
131 Posts
Last time I checked the dyno website it didnt have an option for the '12 brutale RR. What/which one did you buy? Any help would be appreciated. Im looking to go PCV and Arrow exhuast.
I thought the same at one stage but found they do actually have one and emailed dyno jet to make sure as well.

The model number on the PCV is 24-005

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the Rexxer programming, do you send out your stock ECU with info on any mods you've made and they reprogram it and ship it back?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had her mapped on a dyno at a local shop who has the Rexxer Platinum software. So he could access the standard ECU. No external module installed.

This is with MV Corse headers (standard mufflers) and snorkels of the airbox removed. Power at rear wheel!!!

Jochen

·
Registered
47 Posts
For the Rexxer programming, do you send out your stock ECU with info on any mods you've made and they reprogram it and ship it back?
Hi Reckler,

What you described is exactly how it works! PM me if you have questions and/or need help setting that up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts