MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a power commander on my 06 f4 and downloaded the map for a "Stock exhaust and stock Filter" the only thing is I dont have a cat. I'm planning on getting an after market exhaust and a better flowing filter later so I dont want to tune it and in a couple months have to pay to tune it again. bike was popping a bit but not bad. So....

should I keep the "stock filter stock exhaust" map?

or

Should I download the "Zero" map?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Zero map means no adjustment?

Whats wrong with keeping the downloaded map on? Don't be worried about the popping if that's your concern.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once I get all my goodies I plan on getting a custom tune. I'd like to know how good these maps really are.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Roger on the ball sucking. D Jet's maps are terrible. Put in a zero map until you can get it dynoed. Have them "step tune" it. Only way.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I call it step tuning. Instead of making a WOT run only you make several runs at different throttle settings and rpms to get the A/F right throughout the rpm range. IMO a WOT run is good for just that only.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I call it step tuning. Instead of making a WOT run only you make several runs at different throttle settings and rpms to get the A/F right throughout the rpm range. IMO a WOT run is good for just that only.
Thanks lee thats very helpful!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Get the bike on a dyno as Carl mentioned, the tuner can then formulate a custom map tailor made for your bike, you will then get the best out of the pcIII.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts