MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the pc5 on my 1078 will fit the 1090 are the plugs the same as mine,they do look different to my mates 1090.or does anyone know where to buy the connectors used on the 1090 so we can modify the 1078 pc5, as dyno jet have know idea when they will release one.there site says comming soon, what a joke,apparenty there email response was that they can not get a bike to test on.
cheers eddy:popcorn:

·
Registered
219 Posts
funny you should be putting this thread up now.my 1090rr is going to dynojet uk in the next week or so for them to use my bike a test bike for fitting the pc5.they have a few power commanders on there way from the states as im typing this.dynojet uk have a few people intrested in the pc for the 1090rr but so far have had problems getting the latest 1090's wireing sorted due to mv swapping the looms.im having a quickshifter fit at the same time.hopefully this will be all done in the next couple of weeks.i will keep you posted with the out come.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny you should be putting this thread up now.my 1090rr is going to dynojet uk in the next week or so for them to use my bike a test bike for fitting the pc5.they have a few power commanders on there way from the states as im typing this.dynojet uk have a few people intrested in the pc for the 1090rr but so far have had problems getting the latest 1090's wireing sorted due to mv swapping the looms.im having a quickshifter fit at the same time.hopefully this will be all done in the next couple of weeks.i will keep you posted with the out come.
Thankgod for that,keep us informed,as you need a pc5 on th 1090 if you start taking of the cat or any pipe mod,we have already put in the 1090 race ecu,just waiting for the pc5 ,then we will have it dyno tuned.
cheers eddy:):)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
:)I think it's a given these days that any new bike as well as it might appear to run will run much better with either a microtec ecu or PCV, I have never fitted a PC of any discreption and NOT noticed the difference:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
its going in on the 26th jan as there booked up untill then.they have a few kit power commanders to try on mine which includes secondary fuel modules and as for fully mapping they have said it shouldnt be a problem with there auto optimiser which will work on the newer mv's.im not 100% what this means as far as the results will be but they have said they will do before during and after maps to show all results....

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
its going in on the 26th jan as there booked up untill then.they have a few kit power commanders to try on mine which includes secondary fuel modules and as for fully mapping they have said it shouldnt be a problem with there auto optimiser which will work on the newer mv's.im not 100% what this means as far as the results will be but they have said they will do before during and after maps to show all results....

Secondary fuel modules, i.e. a second power commander, won't be needed as the 1090 only has one set of injectors. The 2010/11 F4's have 2 sets.

The 990 and 1090 are new versions of the old electronics as such, the new F4's are new electronics entirely. Both types of bikes no longer run cam sensors though so maybe they will share enough similarities for them.

Auto optimiser is a lambda sensor constantly changing the map to suit. Useful for mapping the bike if you don't have a dyno and are doing this at home but otherwise of no use once a bike is mapped.

Have they said how they'll get round the 02 sensor yet?

Best of luck :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Secondary fuel modules, i.e. a second power commander, won't be needed as the 1090 only has one set of injectors. The 2010/11 F4's have 2 sets.

The 990 and 1090 are new versions of the old electronics as such, the new F4's are new electronics entirely. Both types of bikes no longer run cam sensors though so maybe they will share enough similarities for them.

Auto optimiser is a lambda sensor constantly changing the map to suit. Useful for mapping the bike if you don't have a dyno and are doing this at home but otherwise of no use once a bike is mapped.

no clue on that as yet but they seemed confident,i will post once ive dropped the bike off and had a better chat with them.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

Not all bikes with two inj sets need the SFM Chris: S1000RR for eg, the bottom set fire all through the rpm range, admittedly there can be some pretty large -figures as in -35%, but dyno sheets say there is no advatage on that bike to fitting the SFM.............odd?

On the autotune I left mine on the S1000 all the time but with reduced allowable alterations as in +/- 5%, the whole of the map would shift up or down depending on the weather, maybe BMW's correction factors were'nt too good

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Not all bikes with two inj sets need the SFM Chris: S1000RR for eg, the bottom set fire all through the rpm range, admittedly there can be some pretty large -figures as in -35%, but dyno sheets say there is no advatage on that bike to fitting the SFM.............odd?

On the autotune I left mine on the S1000 all the time but with reduced allowable alterations as in +/- 5%, the whole of the map would shift up or down depending on the weather, maybe BMW's correction factors were'nt too good

True but the 1090 doesn't even have secondary injectors so why mention running a secondary fuel module is what i waqs questioning.

Power commander currrently fit their primary module to the injectors that fire all the time such as the lower ones, most bikes with 8 injectors have the primary ones working all the time and i've seen bigger numbers that +/-35. been up near the 50's or 60's before to try and show a difference.

All modern ECU's will have offset tables in them to allow for weather alterations so leaving autotune plugged in doesn't make much sense to me unless the standard correction tables are shockingly bad, unlikely i woul dhave thought for a system as capable as Bmw's. I see why you've done it but there is no real need.

Write the base map and then leave the ECU's own baromteric offsets, voltage offset, water temp etc to do their job. The difference to the base map and subsequently to the PCV map is not going to be huge imo. I could be wrong of course.

:)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
True but the 1090 doesn't even have secondary injectors so why mention running a secondary fuel module is what i waqs questioning.

Power commander currrently fit their primary module to the injectors that fire all the time such as the lower ones, most bikes with 8 injectors have the primary ones working all the time and i've seen bigger numbers that +/-35. been up near the 50's or 60's before to try and show a difference.

All modern ECU's will have offset tables in them to allow for weather alterations so leaving autotune plugged in doesn't make much sense to me unless the standard correction tables are shockingly bad, unlikely i woul dhave thought for a system as capable as Bmw's. I see why you've done it but there is no real need.

Write the base map and then leave the ECU's own baromteric offsets, voltage offset, water temp etc to do their job. The difference to the base map and subsequently to the PCV map is not going to be huge imo. I could be wrong of course.

RSV4 actually swaps over injectors around6500rpm.

My At on the S1000RR would alter the fuel table pretty consistantly across the board from -4% to +4%, all 'ish' as in some 2', 3's and 4%, but always in the same direction, that's an 8% difference in fuelling :jsm:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
RSV4 actually swaps over injectors around6500rpm.

My At on the S1000RR would alter the fuel table pretty consistantly across the board from -4% to +4%, all 'ish' as in some 2', 3's and 4%, but always in the same direction, that's an 8% difference in fuelling :jsm:

I know the RSV does. If what i'm told is to be believed then the std ECU only has 4 injector drivers so when it swaps over it has to momentarily switch the lower rail off before switching the upper rail on. It shares the same ECU as the 2010 F4 and RR and i beleive that suffers a similar issue.

Most jap bikes though keep the lower injectors running in the background which is why people hook into them. On the RSV though i'm told you need to run the two power commanders although i've not seen a new rsv4 yet.

It's not a full 8% though is it as one minute it's adding 4% and then the next it's removing 4% so in reality it's only messing with things by 4% unless ii'm reading that wrong.

A few % won't make much difference especially if you set your target fuelling to 12.9:1 you should be more than safe for when it leans out.

The one thing with Autotune on your Bimmer, did you blank off the emissions air feed into the exhaust port? If not it will have been getting a lean reading and richening up. Annoying as hell when you catch yourself out like that as i have done a few times. :(

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I know the RSV does. If what i'm told is to be believed then the std ECU only has 4 injector drivers so when it swaps over it has to momentarily switch the lower rail off before switching the upper rail on. It shares the same ECU as the 2010 F4 and RR and i beleive that suffers a similar issue.

Most jap bikes though keep the lower injectors running in the background which is why people hook into them. On the RSV though i'm told you need to run the two power commanders although i've not seen a new rsv4 yet.

It's not a full 8% though is it as one minute it's adding 4% and then the next it's removing 4% so in reality it's only messing with things by 4% unless ii'm reading that wrong.

A few % won't make much difference especially if you set your target fuelling to 12.9:1 you should be more than safe for when it leans out.

The one thing with Autotune on your Bimmer, did you blank off the emissions air feed into the exhaust port? If not it will have been getting a lean reading and richening up. Annoying as hell when you catch yourself out like that as i have done a few times. :(

Yeah I blanked off the SAS, you have too if you run the autotune otherwise it would run so far out it would make a right mess!

I kept looking at the fuel trim tables and accepting them into the main fuel table expecting them to end up at basically zero, I was quite surprised to find them moving with the weather, it was so predictable as well, very warm day the whole fuel map would be showing bewteen -3 to -5%, cooler day and the table would go to +3 to +5%, but, it really did make one hell of a good map, the throttle response especially around the very small openings was faultless.

My autotune is now on my RSV4 together with a PCV/SFM and is zeroing in on a complete map every ride, I start with large % allowable changes then reduce them with most rides ending up with a +/- 5% allowable change, that way I figure if the lambda sensor goes awol it won't cause any damage. I start with a blanket 13:1 AF ratio until the trims are small then lean out the cruise area,and richen the higher rpm and load cells up, apparantly the RSV4 wants quite a rich AF ratio up the top end, some lads have got different AF target maps for every gear

On the same point I bet Dynojet have really pissed their dyno centres off, they sell them a £50k dyno one year then bring out a self mapping system for the general public the following year :jsm:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts