MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of getting a PC III for my F4, and I notice on the Power Commander web site that they have several maps to start with. I bought the bike with the RG3 pipes, mid-pipe and factory EPROM installed by the dealer.

I'm puzzled by the description of some of the maps on the PC web site that says: "European Model, RG3 Racing slip ons and link pipe (catalytic converter removed), Stock air filter and Eprom MV Corse F5S23RGD".

Does this mean it is not intended for USA bikes? I'm really just looking for something as a starting point until I can get the bike into a shop and have it set up on a dyno. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Ciao,
John

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Pc For F4

Hi John,

My suggestion would be to get the bike put on a dyno which will then produce a custom map for your bike which then can be programmed into the PC. Obviously, fit the RG3 pipes and down pipe before hand and change the air filter. You will notice a big difference in performance, fuelling and handling of the machine.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Hi John,

My suggestion would be to get the bike put on a dyno which will then produce a custom map for your bike which then can be programmed into the PC. Obviously, fit the RG3 pipes and down pipe before hand and change the air filter. You will notice a big difference in performance, fuelling and handling of the machine.

+ 1 we downloaded a map from dynojet for mine the other day and it proved to be quite a way out in terms of optimising the fuelling. In the end the map was used as a base and the settings adjusted according to the figures produced on the dyno at various throttle openings ( a custom map if you like). :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thoughts were to just use one of the maps as a starting point before having the bike run on a dyno. I was only curious about picking one of the mappings currently available as a base.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts