MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I would like to get your opinion on one small subject.

I am selling my car in a finnish internet site. And one person was interrested in it.

He contacted me yesterday straight after that I put the announce online by email.

My car is a Porsche Boxsters S from 2007 and with 41000km, and almost every option you can have. This including a second set of rims and tyres (winter) + a hardtop.

As some might know the cars here are very expensive (more than 100% taxes on new ones), so the car new cost more than 138.000€) .... Expensive as I said.

Ok here is the question after this introduction.

The person who contacted me is not living in Finland but now in Bermuda.

He wants to buy the car (61.999€) and pay with paypal and send after a person who will ship the car to him.

As we are talking of a lot of money. Is Paypal trustful or can he after he made the payment, request the money back and I will never see them.

Here is his mail:

"Hello i just got your mail now...how i wish to come and view this item but am out of state now....am a marine engineer busy sailing,am in a ship right now at Bermuda......I will also like you to know that i will be paying via PayPal...due to the distance as i am in Bermuda presently...I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the Payment...
Your (PayPal email)...
Price ........
Your Mobile Phone Number......
I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my shipping agent come over as soon as you have the Payment.
Have a nice day."

What do you think of this????

Will you trust or no in something like this?????

I need to sell the car cos' I am 99% sure that I will move abroad for work (final negotiations going), I will not take the car with me, but my MV comes of course. :naughty:

Hope you will give me your feedback.

PS: How long does a Paypal transfer take to arrive on my account???

Here is my car announcement:

http://www.nettiauto.com/porsche/boxster/3954173

Best regards,
m

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I do not see any thing wrong as yet. Tell him you will only ship the and paperwork once funds clear the bank. Make sure his paypal address and account is conformed by paypal. Keep in mind about paypal fees as on high doalr amount it's lots of money in commision.

Then wait if trasections comes through and go from there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stupid question but were is it possible to check his paypal address and account?
I did try to find it on the paypal website but didn't see anything.

3,4% of fees???? man that is a lot.
3,4 % 0f 61999€ = 2107,97€ of fees????

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BEWARE!
This is a well known scam over this side of the world. You get a fake email confirming payment that looks very real or the funds hit your account, then after a few days/weeks paypal takes it back (and they can!) because the payee has used a stolen/fake credit card.
In the meantime you have handed over the vehicle, never to be seen again.

OK tx....

I was a little bit scared of that.

Will see what he says after I am sending him an email, wanting the transaction straight to my bank account and not paypal.

That he can't do by credit card. He can someone for the shipment but I will wait as long as I have the money on my own account.

But tx for this info.

cheers

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I received a email to a previous bike sale advertisement that was similiar to yours. I didn't even respond to it.

Think about it - who buys or sells something expensive without even talking to the other party?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received a email to a previous bike sale advertisement that was similiar to yours. I didn't even respond to it.

Think about it - who buys or sells something expensive without even talking to the other party?
I was not going to sell it to him, if he doesn't come here to sign the papers, and I need a copy of his ID card. And wanna see the money on my bank account and not paypal.

Guess he won't even reply to the things I have asked.

To bad he is not living here. Guess I will have to wait for a while, hope that someone will wanna buy it asap.

In 2 months or a little bit more I will hopefully move back to Belgium

·
Registered
735 Posts
Paypal has so much fine print that you can never be too sure what will happen. They can yank the money from your account months after a deal closes. I wouldn't sell a vehicle via paypal, a deposit but that is it. google paypal horror stories.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
OK tx....

I was a little bit scared of that.

Will see what he says after I am sending him an email, wanting the transaction straight to my bank account and not paypal.

That he can't do by credit card. He can someone for the shipment but I will wait as long as I have the money on my own account.

But tx for this info.

cheers

Or maybe that's what he is after , you will voluntarily provide him with your bank acc. number. :wtf:
Also , why someone in Bermuda would want to import and pay such high amount of money for a car which can be purchased somwhere else for a 1/3 of (what it sells for in Finland ) . Wow it is really expensive in Finland.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just received a phone call from a finnish guy willing to buy my car.

This one is trustable... He is also a Fin and living not really far away.

The Johsonsmith account is now blokked by paypal.

Paypal can be trustable for small items, but not for selling your car.

cheers

and tx for all the infos guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts