MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
That is the new road going version with a Kawasaki ER6 motor..

These are being produced in four versions.. Prices ranging from £16,574 to £23,574 for the limited edition First Factory Signature model.

What you have in your link is the real deal.. Rumour has it only 10 to 13 were built by the ex Mondial mechanic Giuseppe Pattoni

One of the best sounding motorcycle motors ever built : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCR0wpO1zvI

I was offered one of the original Paton GP bikes back in 2009 for £50K and didn't have that sort of money.. If today you found one of the original GP bikes, God knows what it would be worth..

You can have an original GP replica built today by Giuseppe son in Italy, but I think the waiting time is over 3 years..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info and photos. Awesome sound!
It caught my eye because it reminds me of the MV 500 Ago rode. Usually the shape of bikes trying to replicate that era is off a little bit. But this one got my attention. All three replicas are handsome.
It looks like they are doing it right. I wish them luck.
Did you get to ride the original Paton GP you were offered in 2009?

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
No, unfortunately I didn't get to ride it... It was one of the genuine first GP bikes and belonged to a guy who did engineering work for F1 teams around the world..

This Paton had won various races, but was in need to some engine work.. The owner wanted to retire and was selling his engineering firm, hence this Paton came up for sale..

£50K was a lot of money back then, as it is now ( you could buy a Manx GP500 for between £20K to £25K back then) and I didn’t have the funds or know how to work on these bikes.... Story of my life... Wrong time, or wrong place...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
The web site indicates there are two 'classic' race bikes available. One is now in Melbourne and raced at the 2014 Island Classic where it won it's class and came second in the unlimited class of the same era. The rider is David Johnson

DSC_6717 David Johnson, 500cc Paton BL3, Island Classic Jan, 2014.jpg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a great photo. The Gulf livery on Johnson's suit is a surprise. Strange group of colors with the Paton, but it works.

I wrote to Paton hoping to get info on the new bikes. Italy slows down for certain Summer months, so it could be a while before any contact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts