MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I removed the passenger pegs from the 2010 F4. Do I leave the screws in there or do I just leave them empty holes?the attached picture shows with the screws but it does not go all the way in, so kinda sticks out a bit... ImageUploadedByMO Free1374974656.599790.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
?

leave them out the bike will be lighter:drummer:

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi, am I right in thinking that you have that MV recall strengthening bracket under your subframe?? I am not sure because I have only seen them on a few threads.
So if it is one, can't it now be removed because its no longer to be used as a twin seat bike? Surly this would save a mass of weight. Or is it needed regardless of one or two riders. Brando

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, am I right in thinking that you have that MV recall strengthening bracket under your subframe?? I am not sure because I have only seen them on a few threads.
So if it is one, can't it now be removed because its no longer to be used as a twin seat bike? Surly this would save a mass of weight. Or is it needed regardless of one or two riders. Brando
They remove parts on the 2010 bikes when they do the recall. If you want to go back to the way the bike was before the recall work, you have to get those parts back.

I'm curious if people who have the recall bracket in place can use the Sato hooks. Some folks who have removed the passenger pegs state they can't get them back in without a bunch of work due to the bracket being in the way.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If you leave those bolts out then the subframe strengthening bracket will not be fully secured.

Bear in mind that there could be ramifications if you removed the bracket and it subsequently failed with insurance, warranty, etc.

If I were you I'd either get the subframe replaced or fit some different bolts with a full length thread.

Si

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you leave those bolts out then the subframe strengthening bracket will not be fully secured.

Bear in mind that there could be ramifications if you removed the bracket and it subsequently failed with insurance, warranty, etc.

If I were you I'd either get the subframe replaced or fit some different bolts with a full length thread.

Si
Thanks for letting me know. I did notice a difference in the grunt of my rg4 after removing the passenger pegs. I don't know if I am just being delusional about the sound, but it dint seem to sound the same :thewife:

I will find out if mine was a pre Sep 2010 production bike and needs the recall work done.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts