MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, does such a thing exist already? If not, is it worth setting one up?

So what I'm referring to is something like:

Wheels - F3 wheels fit the following models: ******
Discs - ............
Clutch - ............
wheel bearings -.....
Rear hub parts - ........

and so on, anything that is interchangeable between bikes that people might like to swap onto a different model to modify it using OEM parts, or if a certain part is hard to search for/obtain a part from a different manufacturer may be compatible like brake components for example.

Just an idea, I know id find it useful but may not be for everyone.....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I used to make these for other bikes I have but with the internet now 90% is done for you. If you use a website such as https://www.bike-parts-mv.com/ then you can do a look up a part e.g. https://www.bike-parts-mv.com/mvagusta-motorcycle/assignment_spare_parts/8000B3353

That shows you all the bikes that share that part. Now what that does not show is alternative parts from other non MV bikes, also if the part was not fitted to a particular bike but fits that also wont be listed.

As I say 90% is done for you.

Reactions: martybee58

·
Registered
396 Posts
As has been said, once you have the genuine part number and or info, internet searching will reveal the answers you need in most cases.

Back in the day, I was restoring an old Lancia and discovered it shared many parts with Fiats and indeed Ferraris of a similar age.

Cost for Fiat = £10
Cost for Lancia = £25
Cost for Ferrari = £100

Ebay is surprisingly good for sellers listing this information.

It is also worth doing a bit of measuring. As a sideline, I bought and sold TRX850s (must have owned approaching 50 over the years) in an attempt to get special parts for mine and also support the owners forum. Yamaha essentially used the same caliper spacing from the air cooled 2Ts right up to the (non radial) R1 so you could fit the R1 blue spot calipers to almost anything Yamaha without any mods (other than YZF750 - ask me how I know :) )

And so if you advertised a set of calipers for an R1 you may make £50. Advertise them and an upgrade for an early VMAX and you will make £100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts